Bethesda has already revealed the exact date when the new edition of the event will be held
The cancellation of E3 was a jug of cold water for all of us looking forward to spending four days staying up late, eating snacks and drinking energy drinks until dawn on day five. , we could see how a mysterious figure would be drawn on the horizon. But it wouldn’t be Gandalf’s, but probably the doctor’s because of the colic. The cancellation of the big video game party is going to save us some health, but the truth is that there will be a ton of gaming events aimed at replacing the fair this summer.
The one I want to talk about here does not appear due to opportunism and the desire to vulture the corpse of an already dead convention (like it was with good old Summer Game Fest organizer Geoff Keighley) but an event celebrated since the creation of the world: QuakeCon. Below I leave you with all the details that Bethesda has revealed about this year’s event.
When is QuakeCon 2023?
- QuakeCon 2023 will be held in the first half of August
- Concretely, the fair will take place between the 10th and 13th of the same month
- In addition, this will be the first edition that will be held in person for more than 3 years
- On the other hand, it should be mentioned that it will be streamed in its entirety on Twitch (I’ll leave you the link when id Software provides one)
What can we expect from the event?
- Taking into account that there’s a Bethesda Showcase planned for next June, I wouldn’t expect much from QuakeCon
- However, it must be said that this event is still used by Bethesda to expand on some of the information it presents in what it usually does before
- Therefore, we might know new details of some of its most important releases, such as Starfield
- It should not be ignored that it’s an event made by id Sofware, creators of DOOM, RAGE and other sagas
- For him, chances are they will also show something from the new title that they would already be working on
Considering I’m a total PC rat, I can promise you I’ll be paying close attention at QuakeCon 2023 so that I can tell you about any news that seems useful to me when the time comes.