It has been announced that Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag will have a new story that will be made by the Webtoon platform and also Redice
Assassin’s CreedBy far one of the most famous franchises in video game history. Ubisoft He knew how to create an interconnected story through several generations of characters with which to explore the great past periods of humanity, a type of experience that many have obviously explored by now (and I include myself). On another side, what would happen if a story was created, for example, in collaboration with whoever shaped “Solo Leveling”? Well, in “Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple” we will find the answer.
Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple will feature a post-Black Falg story in webcomic format
Before continuing with all the information revealed, allow me to leave you with a first picture of this project courtesy of REDICE, Webtoon and Ubisoft (via Polygon):
And since I know that all of this must still be very confusing, I leave you below all the information to take into account:
- To begin with, it’s time to say that Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Templewhich is the name that this story will receive, was announced by Ubisoft in collaboration with Webtoons, the giant Korean webcomic publishing platform. It will be on the same platform as Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple. start publishing from April 24, 2023.
- While it was announced that the first 6 chapters of Forgotten Temple will be available for free on webtoon, it has been confirmed that will have a total of 150 chapters that will be released weekly throughout the ‘3 seasons’.
- The protagonist of Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple will be the same as Black Flag: Edward Kenway. However, the story will be after the events of the video game:
- Edward will focus this time on put together what are called ‘pieces of Eden’.
- These ancient artifacts, belonging to an ancient civilization, apparently have the power to endanger the whole planet.
- In Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple we will also encounter a new character named Noa, a descendant of Edward of Korean and American lineage You will be looking for information about your family.
- will be the study bring it back the main illustrator of the webcomic named Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple, and for those who want references to his work, it’s here:
- Redice is a studio originally created by DUBU, the late artist who shaped the webtoon Solo Leveling. For years, the studio has specialized in adapting famous Korean novels in Webtoon format.
- But Solo Leveling is not the only work that Redice has on his mind, as other well-known names are: 7FATES: CHAKHO, Heavenly Demon Reborn!, I am the max level beginner, I am the queen of this life, Kill the Dragon, Nano Machine and many other adaptations that have become famous over time.
Nothing else, but Ubisoft has perfectly chosen an ideal companion for this new experience of Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. The truth is that the field of webtoons and webcomics has been growing little by little for years to the point of having precisely found phenomena of the caliber of “Solo Leveling”, which will soon present its anime. Will “Assassin’s Creed: Forgotten Temple” be such a success story? Hard to say at this stage, but of course there are plenty of ways to make yourself known.