A few minutes ago, I informed my editorial colleagues that the premiere of Oshi no Ko anime, one of the ones I’m most looking forward to in 2023. Because? Well basically because I read the manga and I think it’s a real masterpiece. Plus, the mind behind this dramatic story is Akasaka Aka (screenwriter of Kaguya-sama: Love Is War), so there’s no excuse not to give it a try.
Unfortunately, the premiere of this series in Spain was “weighted down” by an exclusivity agreement that did not please everyone. Yeah, Oshi no Ko could be seen legally and in good quality on a streaming service, but it would be by HIDIVE. The vast majority of people are unwilling to pay for another service to view a specific anime, so an increase in piracy was expected. Afterwards something happened that no one expected.
AnimeBox to the rescue
- A few minutes ago, the premiere of the first episode of Oshi no Ko took place in Japan, and to everyone’s surprise, a few hours before AnimeBox has announced that it will also be in charge of broadcasting this series in Spain
- Without a doubt we are ahead first major bombardment of the platformwhich until now had sown many doubts among users
- As they explain from their account Twitteranyone subscribed to Konnichiwa level (it’s free) you can enjoy Oshi no Ko free of charge, in simulcast and you will have 48 hours to watch each chapter as many times as you want
- The first episode of the series will arrive tomorrow April 13 at AnimeBox, and the others will be released every Wednesday almost the same time as in Japan
- Furthermore, it should be noted that the chapter 1which has a special duration, will be available on the Konnichiwa plan for an entire week
A truly special story
Just as I did with my fellow Areajugones, I highly recommend you try Oshi no Ko, via HIDIVE or AnimeBox. And what’s more, I would tell you try to go virgins in the first episodesince it is about a prologue filled with unexpected events that overwhelmed me totally. It’s very special, you’ll see.