The company has greatly exceeded last year’s sales and already has a big goal for the present
Sony’s income they keep growing like foam and this is something that could already be verified a few days ago through its quarterly financial report. Marked from April 2022 to March 2023, taking into account sales of PlayStation 5, its exclusive games, peripherals (including PS VR and PS VR2) and, of course, sales of PC titles.
The numbers of Sony’s success
- From April 2022 to March 2023, the company succeeded in generating up to $2.49 billion.
- These revenues they are almost double what was achieved in the previous financial year 2021/22, with only 1.37 billion.
- In the fourth quarter, between the months of January and March, his income almost tripledreaching the number of $1.048 billion.
- All that, taking into account the number of sales of PlayStation VR2 since its launch in February.
- This data can be seen in detail through the tax report which you can access in the next link.
Sony’s new plans for the present
In addition to sharing the data via the 2022/23 fiscal report, Sony said it was excitedly working on upcoming PlayStation 5 console releases, including Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, once again confirming its launch for this present 2023.
Regarding the PC release of episodes such as The Last of Us Part 1, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, and Returnal, among others, the company has made it clear that they will continue to release more PC titles in the future.
One of the objectives for the 2025 financial year is to bring 50% of their new releases to PC.
Other interesting articles on Sony sales and more…