Amazon Game Studios has released New World version 1.0.3 , and it brings with it a number of bug fixes and changes. Perhaps the most notable change is that players will now have the ability to transfer progress between servers (which readers can learn more about right here ). The game developer also rewards players with a couple of new in-game items for their patience during the game’s launch. All current players will find that the title “The Stoic” has been added as an option that can be equipped. A free “Waiting” gesture has also been added to the in-game store. The full patch notes from the game’s official website can be found below:
- Implementation of the final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Improvements have been added to the world selection user interface.
- Clearer messages added when a player is sent off due to an AFK or EAC violation.
- Added clearer messages when there are accumulated discounts, such as territory discounts and faction discounts on property taxes.
- We implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate customer performance concerns at War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer for Petty Officer Ambrose and various other elite enemies around the world.
- In The Depths, players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players try to purchase their own items from the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest / loot change from update 1.0.2 that caused too many refining reagents to drop out of chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is limited to 1 skill buff per piece.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from in-store items with a warning message present.
- The “Time to Declare War” timer now stops visually to make it clear when an invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. The territory remains in a state of conflict after the invasions and war can be declared.
General bug fixes
- Fixed issues with azoth T4 and T5 staffing. Close those high-level portals!
- Fixed an issue that caused the abandonment event notification to persist.
- Fixed a home UI issue. The UI will now correctly display that property taxes are subject to the total home price and are not affected by the first time home buyer discount.
- Fixed issues with early game spawning. The watchtower’s spawn point is replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer incorrectly respawn in a Watchtower after selecting to respawn in a settlement.
- Fixed various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where all items from City Projects were not being consumed upon mission completion.
- Resolved login errors that prevented players from accessing their character.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena keys to not drop as expected.
- Fixed an issue that caused the rune bear’s armor to not dye properly during wars.
- Fixed a pet location issue. Pets placed in an otherwise empty house now remain in the house after the player logs out, instead of returning the pet to the player’s inventory.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game.
- Fixed an issue with titles: Player titles and achievements now appear as intended, and the achievements tab updates correctly when a new achievement is earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused company invites to persist after declining / accepting them.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rajah’s spawn to stack forever – one big cat at a time, please!
The fixes listed below are workarounds and mitigations. Our goal is to remove these changes and see if the issues persist, so that we can continue to work on them and address them in a future update if necessary.
- Fixed an issue where wars and invasions started earlier than scheduled.
- Worked to fix an issue where not all settlement stations are updated as planned when city projects are completed.
- Players should no longer get stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen opens with available respawn options. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to get their character unstuck.
New World has been a huge success for Amazon since its launch last month. The MMO has attracted the attention of various streamers, which has only increased its popularity. Whether the game will be able to keep players interested in the long run remains to be seen, but updates and quality of life improvements like these can only help that cause. New World is available now, exclusively for PC. You can check out our previous coverage of the game here.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.