The Duke of Edinburgh is “responding to treatment” for an infection in the London clinic, Buckingham Palace reported on Tuesday, which until now had not provided details about the health problems of the husband of the Queen Isabel II.
Since last week he has been admitted to the medical center.
Prince Felipe, who turns one hundred years on June 10, continues to be admitted to the King Edward VII hospital, “where he is receiving medical attention for an infection,” says the brief note from the official residence of the British sovereign and her husband.
“He is comfortable and is responding to treatment, but he is not expected to leave the hospital for a few days,” adds the Palace statement, which last week assured that the duke’s state of health is not related to the coronavirus.
Prince Edward, the youngest of the sons of Elizabeth II and Felipe, told Sky News that his father is “much better” after a week in hospital.
The official residence of the British head of state insisted last week that the duke’s hospitalization was due to mere “precaution” and that he would spend a few days in “observation” at the medical center.
“He is looking forward to leaving” the hospital, described Eduardo, who assured that the Royal Family keeps their “fingers crossed” so that he recovers as soon as possible.
On Saturday, Prince Charles, the first-born of the queen and the duke, traveled to London to visit his father in hospital for just over half an hour.
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.