A young Italian woman mistakenly received six doses of the vaccine on Sunday coronavirus covid-19 of Pfizer-BioNTech and although he is in good health, he was under observation in a hospital in Tuscany (center), the AGI agency reported on Monday.
The error occurred when a nurse, instead of injecting a dose of the vaccine to the 23-year-old medical student, administered the entire vial, equivalent to six doses, according to the same source.
According to AGI, experimentation on the effects of a possible Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine overdose was limited to four doses so this six-dose case is unknown in the medical literature.
THESE MAY INTEREST YOU
- Coronavirus: Bill Gates’ forecast on when and how it will return to normal
- “In the 70s Venezuela was modernity”: 3 Colombians who emigrated decades ago and do not want to return (despite the crisis)
- How aggressive is the Indian variant of coronavirus and why we know so little about it
- North Miami Beach will no longer vaccinate tourists for free against the coronavirus, as offered by its mayor
- The situation in India due to the coronavirus is “more than heartbreaking”, warns the WHO
- Israel beats the coronavirus: detects only 38 cases in a day, the lowest number in a year
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.