Microsoft and Nuance have announced the arrival of Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX™) Express, the first clinical documentation automation application that is integrated into the workflow itself and combines conversational and ambient AI with OpenAI’s advanced GPT-4 capabilities.
This new solution, born from the collaboration between Microsoft and Nuance and amplified with Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare, aims to reshape healthcare by reducing administrative burden and empowering clinicians to spend their time caring for patients.
Among other things, it makes possible:
- Reduce stress for professionals: physicians claim they have seen a reduction in feelings of burnout and fatigue by up to 70%.
- Support the workflow of specialized personnel, for example, improving the efficiency of radiologists by 50% and reducing intervention time by 74%.
- Simplify communication between the patient and the healthcare professional and provide comprehensive follow-up of the patient care plan.
- Improve and enable greater access to care by reducing the administrative burden that takes up the time physicians could be spending with their patients.
- AI-powered chatbots are just one example of how AI provides patients with quick and accessible information, using integrated medical knowledge bases and triage protocols. In this way, healthcare organizations are achieving 50% reductions in care costs.
Rachel Maga is a technology journalist currently working at Globe Live Media agency. She has been in the Technology Journalism field for over 5 years now. Her life’s biggest milestone is the inside tour of Tesla Industries, which was gifted to her by the legend Elon Musk himself.