- Prepare this peach crumble, a delicious and elegant dessert that you can enjoy at home. Learn how to do it with this recipe from Comedera.
In our preparation today, you will have the opportunity to learn how to make one of the most characteristic sweets of European cuisine, especially the British. This option that combines the flavors of the fruits with a particular dough.
This alternative, in general, is a fruit cake with a dough based on flour, oats, butter and sugar. On this occasion, peaches are the protagonists.
The peach crumble is one of the most popular versions, due to the citrus and autumnal flavor of this fruit. This dessert is usually accompanied with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to give it another sweet touch.
It’s a lot of fun to do and a bit labor intensive. But, the result will be worth it. Let’s get started!
How to make peach crumble, step by step
Prepare this delicious dessert, a special peach crumble.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Total time – 55 minutes
Calories – 320kcal
- 1 lb peaches cut into medium slices
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
For the coverage:
- 3 oz all-purpose flour
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1 unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
We are going to start our recipe by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Now, in a bowl you will add the peaches.
- Now, proceed to add the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Mix everything until it is completely integrated. Booking.
- Now, we are going to proceed with the dough or topping. In a bowl. You will add the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
- It is your turn to incorporate the stick butter at room temperature and with the help of a palette, mix.
- With the help of your hands, you will finish mixing until all the ingredients are integrated,
- Now, you will place your peaches on a baking sheet. You must extend them, very well.
- On top, you are going to pour the dough and try to cover everything, so that it remains as an even layer.
- Once assembled, take it to the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
- When the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly, it means it’s ready.
- Remove it from the oven, let cool and enjoy.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR PEACH CRUMBLE
- You can accompany this delicious dessert with whipped cream, a good vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- If you want to combine the peach with apricots, it will be ideal, since they will merge perfectly due to their similar flavors.
- If you want to tone down the sweetness a bit, you can replace the sugar with a little sweetener.
- You can also make this dessert with apple, pears or some forest fruit such as strawberries or raspberries.