Double chin is an aesthetic problem that can affect both men and women. Many people associate it with being overweight, however, although it is one of the causes, genetics and excess skin in that area of the neck can also cause double chin.
An excess of fat accumulation can be considered unattractive on the one hand and unhealthy on the other. In addition, there are those who are bothered or frustrated by having a double chin and for this reason, different products are available on the market that promise to help with its eradication.
For example, the specialized beauty portal Panorama explained how to make a homemade mask with clay that reduces double chin. For this you need: three tablespoons of natural yogurt and two tablespoons of green clay.
Preparation and use:
1. Put all the ingredients in a container.
2. Mix until these are properly integrated.
3. Apply on the double chin with the help of a brush.
4. Let the mask act for about 20 minutes.
5. Rinse with cold water and apply your preferred moisturizer.
The portal specializing in wellness and beauty, Soy Carmín, also indicated how to make another mask to reduce double chin that requires: half a cup of oatmeal, a tablespoon of rosehip oil and half a glass of milk.
Preparation and use:
1. In a saucepan, heat the milk.
2. Once hot, lower the heat and pour into another container.
3. Add the tablespoon of rosehip and oatmeal.
4. Stir until the ingredients are properly integrated.
5. Apply on the jowls and leave for half an hour.
6. After the time, remove with plenty of water.
In addition to the masks mentioned, there are some exercises that, according to experts, should be complemented with other good habits such as healthy eating and physical activity, to eliminate double chin. Some of these were listed by Better To Health :
1. Head tilt: The first of these is to tilt your head back and then push your lower jaw forward to feel a stretch under your chin. Count to ten and relax the movement, repeating this operation 10 times a day.
2. Gesture of the kiss: it is a second exercise that begins the same as the previous one, that is, tilting the head back and looking at the ceiling. The difference is that this is done with the gesture of kissing the ceiling, with great force and in an exaggerated way. Then you should relax and repeat the movement ten times.
3. Gaze straight ahead: look straight ahead with your head straight, sticking out your tongue and trying to touch your nose with it. The objective is to keep the tongue stretched towards the nose for 10 seconds, then release it and repeat the exercise 10 times.
4. Neck rotation: can be done sitting or standing. The spine should remain upright and the chin should be brought to one shoulder and then to the other. A semicircle should be made while moving from one shoulder to another, passing through the chest. It is important that the shoulders are located in a hanging position to avoid injuries. The recommendation is to perform 10 repetitions daily.
5. Vowel game: standing up and with a straight back, the objective is to say all the vowels, slowly and pronouncedly, with the mouth wide open and repeat several times for 2 or 3 minutes.