A series of new data leaks claim that the company will soon return to the field of laptops
I’m not going to lie to you: it was a particularly boring morning news-wise, but what I want to talk about here almost made me spill my coffee (the second one today). You read it in the title and I don’t intend to think too much about it because we would be faced with one of the most important leaks of the year: PlayStation would be working on a new handheld console.
The information in question comes from the portal Insider-Gaming, which is headed up by Tom Henderson, one of the leakers in the industry who has a huge track record of success in terms of leaks, so while waiting for Sony to officially rule on this rumor, I’d say the data comes from a source that has proven reliable in the past. I leave you with all the details about it below:
This would be the new PlayStation portable console
- According to the leak, the code name this console receives within Sony is the Q-Lite
- We would talk about a console that would be like a kind of accessory for PlayStation 5
- That is, to be able to use it we would also have to have a PS5
- According to this data, it is understood that it would be a device to play PS5 titles on a portable basis thanks to the function it has for remote play
- Game streaming quality would translate to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second
- The console would be very similar to the DualSense controller, only that it would have an integrated screen
- This implies that it would have the haptic and vibrational systems of the PS5 controller.
- In addition, it would also have what is expected of a portable console: volume buttons, a socket to plug in headphones and a built-in microphone.
When could this new portable PlayStation be announced?
- According to the leak, the rumored PlayStation Showcase taking place before summer would be the perfect time to do so.
- The insider who leaked the existence of the company’s next event said it would focus on showcasing “the second phase of the PS5”, so it would make a lot of sense
- Rumors hint that this new portable console from Sony will see the light of day before the rumored PS5 Pro
I have a lot of doubts with this portable PS5 if everything the leak says ends up being real; although I suppose it will all depend on the price at which Sony eventually launches it on the market. And, if I say this, it is because the laptop market is currently dominated by an unbeatable Nintendo Switch and a Steam Deck that manages to gain a foothold in the sector. What do you think of all this? I read you in the comments.