This Friday, March 17, Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated in the United States and around the world.
March 17 was the day Saint Patrick died in Ireland in the fifth century and for over 1,000 years the date has been remembered in this country and in different parts of the world.
Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, was born in the UK and brought to Ireland as a slave. He later became free and is credited with being responsible for bringing Christianity to Ireland upon his return to the country. During the first celebrations, Christians imposed a break in Lent to drink and eat without limits, which added to the traditions.
In the United States, St. Patrick’s Day began to be celebrated as early as the 15th century in St. Augustine, Florida, but a major parade celebration was held in New York City on March 17, 1772, and has been the tradition ever since. is widespread. to other cities.
Miami, and South Florida in general, which is known to be one of the cities with the most festive spirit in the United States, celebrates Saint Patrick’s Day with a lot of fun. Bars and restaurants, festivals with live music, beer and lots of green color will be present on this day.
ST. PATRICK’S DAY CELEBRATIONS
Here is a list of five activities in Miami and South Florida that you can enjoy this Friday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day:
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival, organized by the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce and the Irish Consulate. Music, dancing, food, Irish drinks and plenty of beer along Miracle Miles Street.
- Starting at 4 p.m. at Wynwood Market Place, you can enjoy an event with live music, green beer, and food.
- On the banks of the Miami River, “The Wharf Miami” also begins its party at 4 p.m. with a musical, gastronomic and festive event.
- The Brickell Center will also celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with drinks and food at various bars and restaurants.
- In the center of Fort Lauderdale, there will be a parade of floats, horses and music starting at 11 a.m., perfect to go with the whole family. The party lasts until the afternoon.
Meet Ashley Johnson, the lead reporter for Globe Live Media, specializing in entertainment, lifestyle, and music. As a fitness enthusiast and a profound yoga student, she shares her passion for a healthy lifestyle, which stems from growing up in Beverly Hills, where she frequently interacts with renowned artists.
You can count on Ashley’s reports to be authentic, high-quality, and informative when it comes to lifestyle, health, and music. Ashley is also a part-time gamer and will provide coverage for the gaming section of Globe Live Media seldomly.
With Ashley’s diverse background and experience, her writing style is engaging, informative, and captivating. Get ready to immerse yourself in her world of entertainment, lifestyle and music!
Queries: [email protected]