How to claim up to ,000 for bad roads in California

How to claim up to $10,000 for bad roads in California

In California, you can claim reimbursement of up to $10,000 for damage to your car from driving on a rough road. In Globe Live Media we tell you what to do

If you’ve been a victim of California’s poor roads and your car has broken down as a result, the good news is that you can claim up to $10,000 from the state. This is part of a compensation program that the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has open.

What is the claim process like?

This is open to anyone who believes they have been a victim of the poor condition and potholes that prevail on some California highways and byways. Anyone who feels affected as a result of the lack of action of the California Department of Transportation and who has suffered a loss of money as a result, can file a claim for damages with the agency, they explain themselves in a document published on the web.

The claim begins with the filing of the claim for damages with Caltrans. You can follow the instructions that come on their website.

The claim must be filed primarily in the California county where the incident occurred, explaining that each county in the state is covered by a specific District Claims Office.

“If your claim is for death or personal injury, or damage to personal property or growing crops, that you believe was caused by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), and the amount of your claim is $10,000 or less, you can file your claim directly with Caltrans,” the website states.

The claim must be made using form LD-0274, ‘Claim against the Department of Transportation for amounts of $10,000 or less, which you can access from the following link.

You do not have to pay anything for the presentation of this claim, the procedure is free. According to Caltrans, claims over $10,000 must be filed with the California Government Claims Program.

“It gives you the opportunity to formally demand compensation for your loss and can lead to a settlement of your claim without the need to file a lawsuit ,” the website specifies.

If you want more information, you can contact the following number for free: 1-800-955-0045. You can also email or visit the California Department of Transportation website, which you can access from the following link.

Melissa Galbraith
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.