Almost three weeks after its release, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition rolled out a big patch today on its servers. In the program, adjustments concerning the subtitles as well as corrections were made.
Released on May 14, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition welcomes its first big patch today (between 8 and 13 GB depending on the media). It is Electronic Arts, its publisher, who published the notes on its official website and on the Steam page of the title.
This update allows, among other things, to play in the original version with French subtitles since it is now possible to choose the language of the dialogues regardless of the subtitle language.
We can also note the correction of a problem which prevented players from reaching the maximum level in Mass Effect, or the reduction of transferable credits between the first opus and Mass Effect 2 for “to balance” progression.
Full list of patch changes:
- The choice of dialogues in English is now independent of the choice of language for the subtitles.
- Fixed issues in unlocking some Achievements / Trophies, including Love or those based on the number of kills.
- Fixed precomputed cutscenes darker than intended after the previous update.
- Wireless headsets / devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox startup program.
- Improved PC performance related to various hardware configurations, including on the planet Virmire.
- Fixed an issue on PC that prevented the game from launching if the operating system username * contained non-standard characters.
- Removed dependency on AVX instruction set in startup program.
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including crashes.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching max level.
- Fixed an issue that caused Specter Level VII Supreme Gear to be inaccessible.
- Various collision related improvements.
- Fixed an issue preventing interacting with objects.
- Reduced audio volume on Cosmodesic Relay loading screens.
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes.
Mass Effect 2
- Reduced fog intensity on Illium.
- Fixed an issue that unintentionally gave a character red eyes at the end of the Supremacy DLC.
- Reduced the maximum credit transfer from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 to 100,000 to balance progression * at the start of the game.
- The maximum credit transfer now matches that of the original version.
- The posthumous bank charges are very high! It’s a great way to evade taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Citadel DLC dialog from playing in English for German and Italian localizations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some key characters from appearing as intended in the Citadel DLC.
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition has been available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One since May 14th. It is a compilation of the first three Mass Effect developed by Bioware, which took 16 in our columns.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.