Next week will see the launch of Black Reliquary, a fan-made expansion that will add a new campaign to Darkest Dungeon.
Busy working on Darkest Dungeon II, Red Hook Studios has long since finished developing the first installment. However, not all fans are so keen to give it up. A certain group of players are currently working on a great mod that will expand the game with a new campaign.
- The mod is titled Black Reliquary.
- The creators received a blessing from Red Hook Studios and therefore the mod will be available for download on Steam as unofficial free DLC (and not through the Steam Workshop like standard mods).
- The project will debut in Early Access on March 24 this year.
In Black Reliquary, the player’s team will explore the mysterious namesake structure built in the desert. The mod will offer:
- a new campaign,
- new locations,
- new characters,
- new types of monsters
- an original soundtrack,
- Heavily modified gameplay.
The project looks very ambitious. Darkest Dungeon has developed quite a large modding community, but most of the mods released for this game were small: they changed the gameplay or, at most, added a new character class. Black Reliquary is more like actual DLC and should be a real treat for fans of the game.
Recall that Darkest Dungeon debuted on PC in January 2016. The sequel, on the other hand, launched in early access in October 2021, with version 1.0 set to debut on May 8 of this year.
- Black Medallion on Steam
- Darkest Dungeon Review – An Engrossing RPG For The Determined