The Treyarch team has released the next update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Among other things, players with Gunfight Tournaments can look forward to a new game mode for the shooter.
A total of 16 teams with two participants each compete against each other in a tournament. With every victory you will advance one round and get the chance to get some exclusive items that you can unlock here.
This weekend there will also be double experience points in multiplayer, zombies, league play. The XP event runs until April 12th at 7pm. In Call of Duty: Warzone, players will also receive double experience points in the next few days.
Here the event doesn’t start until Saturday at 7 p.m. and then ends at the same time as the XP bonus in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War next Monday.
Additionally, Gunfight Blueprints is making a return. In 2v2 mode, players can try out the blueprints of current weapons. Another new addition to the playlist for the current multiplayer is Throwback Moshpit – fast game modes on well-known maps of the Black Ops series.
COD: Black Ops Cold War April 8 2021 Patch Notes
- Double XP Weekend: Four days of Double XP now available in Multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play through 10AM PT Monday, April 12.
Multiplayer – Gunfight Tournaments
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you’re out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
Multiplayer – Modes (Control)
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament (NEU)
- Gunfight Blueprints (NEU)
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Zombies – Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy’s axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- The machine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.