Today’s desktop consoles allow us to enjoy all kinds of multiplayer games with which to enjoy your favorite titles online. The problem is that, even if you have an excellent Internet connection, it is likely that from time to time you will have problems playing online with your PS4 . You may have a problem with the PlayStation 4 , but it may also be a problem that has nothing to do with your console. And this is where DNS servers come in.
You may be perfectly familiar with this term, or you may have no idea what DNS means, but after explaining what this connection system consists of, we are going to show you the best options so that you can connect to the Internet with your console in a much simpler way. faster. And yes, the necessary steps so that you can change the DNS on your PS4.
What is DNS and why does it influence when you play online with your PS4
To say that the DNS or Domain Name System refers to a decentralized hierarchical naming system for connected devices. Or what is the same, it is a protocol used on the Internet or through private networks. Its usefulness is vital, since it has the function of translating the name of a domain to an IP address. Come on, it is a gigantic database in charge of saving the information associated with the domain name, being able to associate it with its IP addresses.
So, when we write the name of a domain in any browser, it is translated to the corresponding IP address to access the server where the web is stored and to be able to access all its contents. Obviously, when we hire an internet service through an operator, it is the company that assigns us a default DNS series. But of course, alternative servers offer some advantages over those that come by default. And the differences are more than remarkable.
For starters, alternate DNS servers offer better stability, better actual uptime, and higher reliability. In addition, they offer much lower loading speeds than the DNS of operators, since they are less saturated. Are you worried about security? Know that these Domain Name Systems offer better protection against phishing attacks.
Although, one of the most interesting points comes with the possibility of accessing domains blocked by geolocation. If you live abroad, you will like this element quite a bit.
How to change DNS on your PS4
To change the DNS on the PS4 you must do the following:
- First, go to settings
- Look for the Network option and go to Configure Internet connection
- Now, choose between WiFi or cable, depending on how you have your console connected to the Internet
- Then, do not change the automatic option of the IP Address, but in DHCP select the option Do not specify
- Finally, in DNS settings select the Manual Mode option
You will only need to modify the primary and secondary DNS. As you will see, the process is very simple, so you have nothing to lose by trying it. Finally, we are going to leave you with a list where you can see the best DNS for your PS4.
Best DNS to use on PS4
- OpenDNS Home – 220.127.116.11 y 18.104.22.168
- Cloudflare – 22.214.171.124 y 126.96.36.199
- IBM Quad9 – 188.8.131.52
- Google – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Level3 – 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Verisign – 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- WATCH – 184.108.40.206 y 220.127.116.11
- Comodo Secure DNS – 18.104.22.168 y 22.214.171.124
- GreenTeamDNS – 126.96.36.199 y 188.8.131.52
- SafeDNS – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- OpenNIC – 18.104.22.168 y 22.214.171.124
- SmartViper – 126.96.36.199 y 188.8.131.52
- Man – 184.108.40.206 y 220.127.116.11
- FreeDNS – 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS – 126.96.36.199 y 188.8.131.52
- DNS – 184.108.40.206 y 220.127.116.11
- UncensoredDNS – 18.104.22.168 y 22.214.171.124
- Hurricane Electric – 126.96.36.199
- puntCAT – 188.8.131.52
- Neustar – 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Fourth Estate – 18.104.22.168
- CleanBrowsing – 22.214.171.124 y 126.96.36.199
- UltraDNS – 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
- UltraDNS Family – 220.127.116.11 y 18.104.22.168
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.