The prince Harry and MeghanDuchess of Sussex, received an official invitation to the King’s coronation Charles IIIbut the couple have yet to confirm whether they will be attending, he told the outlet CNN a spokesman for the duke.
“I can confirm that the Duke has received recently an email correspondence from Her Majesty’s office (Carlos III) regarding the coronation,” said the spokesperson, whom the broadcaster did not identify.
But “we will not, at this time, release an immediate decision as to whether the Duke and Duchess will attend” this event, he added.
Carlos III and his wife, Queen Consort Camilla, will be crowned on May 6 in Londonat Westminster Abbey, in events that will last three days with celebrations across the country.
Following the publication of controversial book From the memoirs of the sovereign’s youngest son, ‘Spare’, and the ill-fated Lady Diana, rumors have spread as to whether Enrique and his wife will be invited to the royal event.
According to British media, Harry, who currently has a strained relationship with his family, has been in contact with his father’s representatives regarding his attendance at the coronation ceremony in May.
So far, the palace has not specified which family members will appear in the central coronation acts: a procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey, and on the palace balcony at the end of the day alongside of the king and queen consort.
Recently, representatives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed that King Charles III evicted the couple from their luxurious Windsor estateafter publication.
“We can confirm that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage,” representatives told the outlet on Wednesday. page 6.
Although Harry and Markle moved to California in 2020, it is said that the king did not offer the couple any other royal property as an alternative. Additionally, they must send all of their remaining assets to the United States.
A friend of the couple has confirmed to the Daily Mail that they are furious at what they consider to be ‘cruel punishment’ from Harry’s father.
According to Page Six, the couple only received an eviction notice from Buckingham Palace 24 hours after publication of Prince Harry’s memoir, ‘Spare’in which he made several highly damaging accusations against members of his family, including claiming that he had been knocked down by his brother, Prince William, during a fight.
Her Majesty first gave her son and daughter-in-law ‘weeks’ to wrap their British home in grace and favor in the grounds of Windsor Castle after publishing her memoirs, it has been claimed, but a friend of the couple said that the deadline for his move has now been extended until “after the coronation” in May.
“It’s like (the family) want to take them out of the picture forever,” the source told the Daily Mail. “Harry and Meghan have until early summer to leave. Initially they were only a few weeks old, but now they have at least until after the coronation.”
(With information from EFE)