In the event that you have become unemployed or have decided to start earning income independently, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) offers an option so that self-employed employees, those who work in the informal sector or who recently stopped working for a company or employer, can access the services it offers. However, those who are interested must make an annual payment in advance.
This service is also known as Family Health Insurance O Modality 33 whose legal basis is found in articles 95, 100, 242 and 243 of the Social Security Law. This mechanism allows voluntary contributions to be made to access services such as surgeries, pharmacies and specialized maternity care, among others.
The procedure must be carried out by the person who wishes to contract Modality 33 in order to voluntarily join the program, as long as does not maintain an employment relationship contributing to the compulsory social security regime and that I wished to acquire medical service.
The fees to access the service are as follows:
– From 0 to 19 years: 6 thousand 200 pesos per year
– From 20 to 29 years old: 7 thousand 650 pesos per year
– From 30 to 39 years old: 8 thousand 250 pesos per year
– From 40 to 49 years old: 9 thousand 550 pesos per year
– From 50 to 59 years old: 9 thousand 950 pesos per year
– From 60 to 69 years: 13 thousand 800 pesos per year
– From 70 to 79 years: 14 thousand 350 pesos per year
– 80 years and over: 14 thousand 850 pesos per year
It should be noted that some of the benefits that you can count on, along with the rest of your family with IMSS Modality 33, are the medical services, surgeries, pharmacy and maternity care offered by Social Security. Also, it is important to emphasize that With this modality of medical insurance, it does not entitle Infonavit, economic subsidies or disabilities, daycare service, or pension.
However, there are also illnesses or conditions that cannot be covered by voluntary contributionsincluding tumors, complications of diabetes, chronic liver disease, chronic renal failure, heart failure, addictions, psychosis, dementia, congenital diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with respiratory failure, and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or Positive Human Acquired Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
To request this modality, the interested parties must meet the following requirements:
* Have 52 weeks quoted in the last 5 years.
* It must be requested after a year has passed since the worker’s discharge from the company in the IMSS.
* Must be hired at least for 2 people.
With this type of medical insurance, you do not entitle Infonavit, economic subsidies or disabilities, childcare services, or a pension (Photo: Reuters)
To carry out the procedure online, you must enter the IMSS Digital website or at this link and follow the procedure:
1. Find the section that says Incorporation to the Health Insurance for the Family Click on start procedure.
2. Then, you have to fill in the data requested by the system: the CURP, email and the characters in the image.
3. Once inside, the fields will be enabled to fill in with the information of the relatives who will be registered, the health questionnaire, after having filled out what the system requires, they must confirm the data.
4. The last step is receive the result in which the capture line will appear to make the annual payment and be able to obtain the incorporation to the insurance.
5. Through the email provided you will be able to consult the information sent by the IMSS regarding the procedure.
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.