There are news for WhatsApp users: now you can transfer your information from an Android smartphone to an iOS
- By: INFO7 Editorial Office
- June, 14, 2022 22:26
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced through his Facebook page the new WhatsApp feature where you can transfer chats from an Android device to an iOS device .
We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption. This is one of the most requested features by users. We launched the ability to switch from iPhone–Android last year, and now we’re adding Android–iPhone as well,” Zuckerberg said.
Mark indicated that the beta version has already started to roll out, but it will take about a week to reach all users.
How to transfer my WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone?
If you change your Android phone to an iPhone, you can transfer your account information, profile photo, individual and group chats, chat history, media files and settings.
What do you need to transfer your WhatsApp data?
You must have Android Lollipop OS , SDK 21 or later installed on your Android device, or Android 5 or later.
You’ll also need to have iOS 15.5 or later installed on your iPhone.
- You must have the Move to iOS app installed on your Android phone
- You must have WhatsApp for iOS version 126.96.36.199 or later installed on the new phone
- You must have WhatsApp Android version 188.8.131.52 or later installed on your old phone
On the new device, you must use the same phone number that you used on the old one.
In order to connect with the Move to iOS app and migrate data from your Android phone, your iPhone must be new from the factory or reset to factory settings.
- Both devices must be connected to a power source
- Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network or you must connect the Android device to the iPhone’s Wi-Fi hotspot
How do I do it?
To move your information from one phone to another, you’ll need to open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
A code will be displayed on the iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
Tap Continue and follow the instructions on the screen.
On the Transfer data screen, select WhatsApp.
- On the Android phone and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. When this process is complete, you will be signed out of the Android phone
- Return to app Move to iOS
- To transfer data from Android phone to iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store
- Open WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number you used on the old device
- When prompted, tap Get Started and wait for the process to complete
When you finish activating the new device, you will be able to see all your chats
Rachel Maga is a technology journalist currently working at Globe Live Media agency. She has been in the Technology Journalism field for over 5 years now. Her life’s biggest milestone is the inside tour of Tesla Industries, which was gifted to her by the legend Elon Musk himself.