Sometimes, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) DNS servers may not work or have problems. This can cause connection problems on your PlayStation 5 ( PS5 ) such as lost connectivity, intermittent connection or even ping interruptions. To fix these problems, you can try changing the DNS on your PS5. The procedure is very simple and takes only a few minutes.
How to change your PS5’s DNS settings
While browsing forums or social media, some users report that changing PS5 ‘s DNS will get you a better ping or better download speed . But in reality, changing the DNS on your PS5 simply fixes any problems your ISP’s DNS servers may encounter. So don’t expect to be one step ahead of your enemies in the middle of a Call of Duty: Warzone or Fortnite game. Otherwise you will soon be disappointed! …
How to change DNS on PlayStation 5 (PS5)
Changing the DNS settings on the PlayStation 5 is relatively simple. Follow the few steps below carefully.
- Go to PS5 settings, then to “Network” settings,
- Click on “Network”, then on “Configure Internet Connection”,
- Select your Internet connection from the list, then click “Advanced Settings”,
- Tap “DNS Settings”, then select “Manual” from the drop-down menu,
- Now fill in the “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS”. You can use DNS from Google, Cloudflare or OpenDNS,
- Once you have entered the DNS, do not forget to save the changes by clicking on the “OK” button.
Voila! You just changed the DNS settings of your PS5 console . And if for some reason you want to find your ISP’s DNS, simply select “Automatic” in the drop-down menu next to “DNS Settings” and confirm with “OK”.
Rachel Maga is a technology journalist currently working at Globe Live Media agency. She has been in the Technology Journalism field for over 5 years now. Her life’s biggest milestone is the inside tour of Tesla Industries, which was gifted to her by the legend Elon Musk himself.