Illinois Man Swallows Dentist's Drill Bit

Illinois Man Swallows Dentist’s Drill Bit

An American man’s visit to the dentist took a nasty turn when he swallowed a drill bit but didn’t realize it

The Illinois man, Tom Jozsi, reportedly swallowed the dentist’s drill bit and had to go to the hospital to have it removed, WISN-TV reported on April 19.

Tom Jozsi, 60, told WISN-TV that he was at the dentist to get a filling done on one of his teeth.

They had to tell the Illinois man that he had swallowed a tool because he didn’t notice despite being fully awake.

“I didn’t really even feel it go down. All I felt was cough. When they did the CT scan they realized: ‘You didn’t buy it. You inhaled it,’” he said.

Dr. Abdul Alraiyes, of Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin, said the one-inch drill bit was so deep in his lung that normal endoscopes couldn’t reach it.

Fortunately, the medical team was able to navigate to safely reach and remove the piercing piece that had become lodged in Jozsi’s lung when he coughed and was in his mouth.

“I was never happier than when I opened my eyes and saw him with a smile under that mask shaking a little plastic container with the tool,” Jozsi said.

Jozsi said he now keeps the drill bit on a shelf at home.

Thanks for taking the time to read this article, remember to come back and check GLM News website for all your up-to-date local and international news, and remember you can also turn on the notifications and never miss another update.

Melissa Galbraith
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.