A federal judge in Florida (USA) dismissed a lawsuit by Donald Trump against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee (DNC), whom he accused of conspiring during the 2016 election campaign in order to make the electorate believe that He had ties to Russia.
Judge dismisses Trump’s lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for alleged plot
Florida Southern District Judge Donald Middlebrooks noted in his decision that “most of the plaintiff’s claims are not only unsupported by any statutory authority, but are clearly precluded by binding precedent.”
Former President Trump filed the lawsuit last March, which also included officials and institutions, and alleged that Clinton, his campaign office and even former FBI Director James Comey, among others, “maliciously conspired to weave a false narrative.” .
“The plot was conceived, coordinated and carried out by high-level officials in the Clinton campaign and the DNC,” Trump’s lawyers said, noting that the “multi-pronged attack” sought to “publicly smear” Trump “by instigating a media frenzy.
Judge Middlebrooks stated in his brief filed in court on Thursday, and echoed today by the US media, that with his lawsuit the former president “is trying to flaunt a two-hundred-page political manifesto that outlines his complaints against those who they have opposed him, and this Court is not the appropriate forum”.
Alina Habba, the former president’s lawyer, showed her disagreement with the judge’s arguments and announced that she will appeal the decision, according to the digital media Axios.
“Not only is it riddled with misapplications of the law, but it also ignores the many independent government investigations that corroborate our claim,” Habba argued.
The judge’s decision comes on the same day that the US Department of Justice announced that it will appeal the order of a federal judge, who accepted the appointment of an independent expert to review what was seized by the FBI from the house of the former president in Florida.
The Prosecutor’s Office asked the judge of the southern district of Florida Aileen Cannon to suspend the directive that prohibited investigators from continuing to review the documents seized at Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, while the ruling continues before a federal court in Florida. appeals, based in Atlanta, Georgia.
They argued that if the directive is upheld, “the government and the public will also suffer irreparable harm from undue delay in the criminal investigation,” attorneys for the department said in a motion filed Thursday.
The Department of Justice, which had already objected to the appointment of a “special teacher”, as this independent expert is called, stated in its brief on Thursday that Judge Cannon’s order has temporarily stopped central aspects of her criminal investigation. .
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.