After the “soybean dollar”, more sectors claim to have a differential exchange rate

After the “soybean dollar”, more sectors claim to have a differential exchange rate

Not even 12 hours passed since the Central Bank (BCRA) regime was known, which seeks to encourage soybean producers to sell the harvest that different sectors came out to claim access to a higher exchange rate than the official one.

The “soybean dollar” was known on Tuesday afternoon and yesterday morning Industriales Pymes Argentinos (IPA) called on the Central Bank to establish a “SME dollar” with the aim of putting manufacturing factories that export on an equal footing with the announced profits for the foreign exchange settlement of the field.

“We demand that the last measure taken by the Central Bank, seeking that agriculture settle its exports to a differentiated and very convenient dollar, also be applied to industrial SMEs, because it is unfair that factories cannot access that dollar, in a At a time when our sector is making a great effort to sustain exports, in some cases even at a loss,” said Daniel Rosato, president of IPA.

The entity made two central proposals to the Government to overcome the lack of dollars, which generated restrictions in the allocation of foreign currency for the importation of inputs from the factories: create a “SME Dialogue Table”, where the sector is represented in the discussion of urgent needs; and the exchange split for industrial exports, in order to be able to comply with contracts abroad. “An SME dollar will be very beneficial for the country, since the industry is also a generator of foreign exchange,” added Rosato.

Meanwhile, José Zuccardi, president of the Argentine Wine Corporation (Coviar), said that during a meeting they had on Tuesday afternoon with the Minister of Productive Development, Daniel Scioli, they emphasized the need for the dollar with which wine exports are charged “to be updated and adjusted according to inflation rates”.

“Today, the dollar with which we operate is $130. The problem is that inputs have kept pace with inflation and the dollar currency, if you look at it from the beginning of last year until now, has been out of adjustment. Inflation was 50% last year and the dollar adjusted to 20%. If we do the math, we should have a dollar that exceeds $180″, she added.

The special regime for the field, which will be available until August 31, establishes that, of the total grain sales, 30% can be converted to the “solidarity dollar” ($226), while the other 70% may be deposited in an account with coverage against devaluation.

As an example, as explained by official sources, in a sale of $1 million of soybeans, they could acquire something more than US$1,300 and also make a deposit paid per official dollar for $700,000.

The entity led by Miguel Pesce reported that producers will be allowed to make a demand deposit in financial institutions with variable daily remuneration based on the evolution of the A3500 exchange rate, known as dollar linked , for up to 70% of the value from the sale of grain. “In addition, for the remaining 30%, the Formation of External Assets will be allowed, at the value of the official dollar plus the PAIS tax and the withholdings on account received by the AFIP [earnings and personal assets, up to 35%],” reported a statement sent by the BCRA.

“This BCRA decision seeks to balance agricultural producers with the benefits available to the different productive sectors, among them, the free availability of foreign currency due to the increase in exports made compared to the previous year that applies to the manufacturing industry; the Regime for the Promotion of Investment for Exports or the regime for the Knowledge industry that allows applying part of the increase in exports to the payment of the wage bill”, stated the press release.

Samuel Edwards
Samuel Edwards is the name you must have heard many times while reading reports related to Finance, that's what he is good at. From Major Investments to Stock Market Updates, he got 'em all. Be ready to blow your mind by the mind-blowing reports of Finance World from Samuel Edwards.