Acne is one of the skin problems that most worries both adolescents and adults, and that in the last year has seen its number of cases increase notably due to the use of the mask and the stress caused by the Covid pandemic.
Thus, the humidity that develops inside the mask, friction and occlusion are producing pimples on all skin types, not just mixed and gauze.
To improve it, Rocío Escalante, owner of Arbosana Farmacia, recommends “changing the mask more frequently, cleaning the skin with mild products and including sebum-regulating, anti-inflammatory and keratolytic active ingredients in the daily routine”.
And there are certain very effective active ingredients to improve acne, so if you fight against annoying pimples, bet on the type of creams and cleansing products that we explain below:
– Sebum-regulating: acne is related to a large amount of sebum, so we must choose cosmetics with sebum-regulating active ingredients that help reduce excess sebum. For example, salicylic acid, niacinamide, azelaic acid, or retinol.
– Keratolytics: acne is also related to the clogging of pores and for this it is important to include active ingredients that help eliminate dead cells, promoting cell renewal. Among them we can highlight glycolic acid.
– Antibacterials: acne is caused by the bacteria C acnes, so cosmetics should include antibacterial ingredients such as tea tree oil, bakuchiol or triclosan.
– Anti-inflammatories: sometimes acne is accompanied by an inflammatory process that can make it worse. It is also interesting that the products include anti-inflammatory actives, such as salicylic acid, niacinamide, zinc gluconate, etc.
– Mattifying: excess sebum causes unsightly shine, to avoid them you can use mattifying cosmetics with active ingredients such as kaolin, bentonite …
– Finally, do not forget to always choose non-comedogenic and fat-free cosmetics (oil free).
Ashley Johnson is the lead reporter for Globe Live Media on things related to Astrology, Lifestyle and Music. Being a fitness enthusiast, her background involves growing up in Beverly Hills, where She often interacts with famous Artists and also talks about their ways for a Healthy Lifestyle. She is in fact a profound Yoga student. You can be well assured about the authenticity and quality of Lifestyle, Health, and Music reports published by her.