The skin of the face is one of the most delicate, as it is exposed to inclement weather, particularly the eye area. It is there where dark circles and bags appear, natural spots that are accentuated and become more common over time.
Dark circles appear when the blood vessels in this area dilate, causing the skin to take on a darker color than the rest of the face. This can occur mainly due to tiredness or lack of sleep , although there are other important reasons why they are accentuated.
For example, dark circles under the eyes can also be genetic or indicative of issues to be treated such as kidney disease, hypothyroidism, inadequate diets due to excess salt or processed foods, and insufficient water intake.
According to the Infosalud website , they can also appear due to consuming alcohol, since it generates fluid retention in this area of the body. Or by rubbing the eyelids, because that makes the skin thicken, because it is a highly sensitive and delicate area.
There are multiple ways to reduce dark circles. For example, the specialized portal Better with Health , indicated that it is possible to make a tomato mask that fulfills this purpose.
The tomato compounds that help to reduce are phytonutrients, these inhibit the negative effects of ultra violet rays on the skin. It is possible to combine these properties with those of lemon, so it is advisable to use the following mask at night.
Ingredients: one teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml) and one tablespoon of thick tomato juice (10 ml).
1. Once the lemon and tomato juice have been obtained, put them in the same container.
2. Stir until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
3. Clean the face so that the nutrients penetrate correctly.
4. Gently apply the mask to the dark circles, taking care not to get into the eye.
5. Leave to act for about 10 minutes.
6. Rinse with plenty of water.
7. Repeat the procedure twice a day to notice the changes.
The specialized beauty portal Panorama also detailed how to make another mask based on flour and tomato that will help reduce dark circles. This requires: half a tablespoon of wheat flour, two tablespoons of natural tomato juice and two drops of lemon.
1. In a container put all the ingredients.
2. Mix until all the ingredients are well integrated.
3. Spread the mask gently over the dark circles, taking care not to get it into the eyes.
4. Leave to act for five minutes.
5. Rinse with plenty of cold water.
6. Repeat the procedure at night twice a week.
Before applying any of the masks mentioned , it is advisable to carry out an allergy test on another part of the skin, at least 24 hours before use. In this way, irritations are avoided.
It should be noted that, according to Infosalud , other of the most common causes of the appearance of dark circles are:
- Not properly moisturizing the skin: It is one of the most important factors when it comes to the skin. Not moisturizing this space with mild moisturizers that do not affect the area is one of the most frequent mistakes. Moisturizers or contours that contain vitamin K or retinol are a recommended option for this area.
- Not taking care of the sun: both sunscreens and sunglasses are products that, depending on the medium, should be used daily, since the sun pigments the area, making it more pronounced.