There are many reasons for wanting to unlock an iPhone without using or knowing its password , both valid and illegal reasons.
You may have recently changed your code and forgot it.
Your son or little brother may have started playing with your cell phone and blocked it.
And yes, you may be trying to access someone else’s iPhone.
Regardless of your reasons, there are different ways to unlock an iPhone without entering your PIN or password . Read on to learn how to do it.
If what you have is an iPhone with activation or iCloud lock , you may be interested in the following article:
How do you lock an iPhone?
Most people protect their cell phone with a PIN , password or pattern lock to prevent anyone from accessing their information or using their cell phone without permission.
This is a simple and easy to implement system to keep your iPhone protected. What if someone tries to guess your code then? IPhones allow you to try entering your lock PIN, password, or pattern up to six times before it is completely locked. Once it has been locked, you will not be able to use it even if you know the correct code and you will have to use one of the methods in this article in order to unlock it.
In addition to your device itself, it is also possible that your Apple ID will be blocked or disabled if you enter your password incorrectly or if you answer the security questions incorrectly.
If so, you will see a message on the screen indicating that your Apple ID has been deactivated for security reasons (or a similar message) and you will not be able to log in to any Apple device until you have fixed the problem.
If this is the case, all you have to do is go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account or reset your password.
In some cases, it is the operator that blocks the iPhone so that it cannot be used with other operators or even in other countries. In this case, you will have to contact your service provider to find out how to unlock your iPhone.
How to unlock an iPhone without entering the password?
Regardless of how your locked iPhone ended up or why you need to unlock it, the following methods will allow you to do so without having to enter your PIN or password.
The best method for you or the method that works will depend on your iOS version and your specific needs.
Method 1: Through iTunes (if you have already synced your iPhone before)
If your iPhone is locked because you forgot your code or entered it incorrectly too many times , you won’t be able to use it or access the information on it until you unlock it.
If your iPhone was synced with iTunes, one of the easiest ways to get back to using your phone as before is to create a backup, erase your iPhone, and restore the copy you created. It is much less complicated than it sounds and to unlock your iPhone without a password, all you have to do is follow the following steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. If your iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open it by double-clicking its icon on the desktop or through the Start menu.
3. Once opened, your iPhone will begin syncing with your iTunes. At the top you will see “Synchronizing the iPhone from …”. If you haven’t synced your iPhone to this computer, it may ask you to enter your password, so this method only works if you’ve synced your iPhone to this computer before.
4. Select your device by clicking on the iPhone icon under the Account option or by clicking on the name of your device.
5. You will see a summary of your iPhone and among the options that appear you will see “Backup” or “Make a backup”. You can save this copy in your iCloud or on your computer. In some cases, the automatic backup option is activated, but in order to access your iPhone without a password, you will have to erase everything that is on your phone, so we recommend having a backup as recent as possible.
6. Find the option “Restore iPhone” and click on it.
7. A window will appear informing you that all the information on your phone will be erased and asking you to confirm before continuing. Since we created a backup, you won’t lose anything. Click “Confirm” or “Restore.”
8. Accept Apple’s terms and conditions by clicking “Accept.” This will start the restore process in which iTunes will reinstall the iOS on your iPhone.
9. Once the restoration is finished, click on the “Restore backup” option to re-add your contacts, photos, messages and your settings. This process can take up to 30 minutes, so be patient.
10. Now you can access your phone without having to enter a code! If you want to use a new password or code from now on, you will have to manually activate this option.
Method 2: Through Recovery Mode
If you never synchronized your iPhone with your iTunes or you did not deactivate having to enter your code every time you connect your iPhone to your computer, you will have to perform the same process (restore your phone and add the most recent backup), but through recovery mode.
Note that this method does not allow you to create a backup just before deleting everything on your iPhone , so you may lose information unless you have a recent backup that you created before your phone has been blocked. Follow the steps below to unlock an iPhone without a password through recovery mode:
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer using the USB cable. It can be any computer and you don’t need to have synced your iPhone before.
2. To put your phone in recovery mode, choose one of the following options depending on which iPhone you have:
• iPhone 6 and earlier (including iPod touch) : Press and hold both the home button and the top button until the recovery screen appears (usually a black screen with a picture of a USB cable).
• iPhone 7 : Press and hold both the volume down button and the side button until the recovery screen appears.
• iPhone 8 : Press and release the volume up button, press and release the volume down button, and then press and hold the side button until the recovery screen appears.
• On any iPhone: Connect the USB cable only to your computer and not to your iPhone. Turn off your phone. Press and hold the home button and do not release it while connecting the other end of the USB cable to your iPhone. Don’t release the home button until the recovery screen appears.
3. A window will appear in your iTunes that allows you to restore or update your iPhone. Choose the “Restore” option. This will erase all the information on your phone and reinstall the operating system, which may take a few minutes.
4. Now you can use your iPhone as before! If you have a recent backup, look for the “Restore Backup” option in your iTunes.
Method 3: Through “Find My Phone”
Find My Phone is an Apple feature that allows you to track your cell phone , make it ring or display a message on the screen. All these options were designed to help you recover your iPhone in case you lose it and as part of the options available to protect your device in case of loss and theft, you can also erase all the information on it and restore it remotely.
Like the previous method, through Find My Phone you will not be able to create a backup, so unless you have a recent one, you may lose some of your information. To know how to unlock an iPhone without a password through Find My Phone, follow these steps:
1. Open the “Find My Phone” application that is installed on any iPad or open a browser, go to the iCloud website and look for the option “Find My Phone”.
2. Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
3. Select the device you want to restore in “All devices”.
4. Touch or click the iPhone on the map and choose the option “Erase phone contents”, “Restore” or a similar option.
5. Once the restoration process is complete, you can use your iPhone as before! If you have a recent backup, open your iTunes and look for the option “Restore Backup”.
Method 4: Through Siri
If you need to access an iPhone without having to enter the password and without having to restore your phone , there is a bug in Apple’s operating system that allows you to do it through Siri .
Note that this is a bug that Apple may have fixed by the time you read this article and that it appears to only work on certain versions of iOS.
This method allows you to unlock your cell phone to view the information on the iPhone, but it does not show you the access code or password and it does not allow you to choose a new one.
You will have to use this method every time you want to unlock your iPhone, so it is not a definitive solution. We recommend that once you have managed to enter, backup all your important data and then reinstall the operating system following other methods in this article to be able to use your iPhone normally and choose a new code or password. To learn how to take advantage of this error to unlock an iPhone without a password , read on:
1. Press and hold the home button on your iPhone until Siri is activated. Siri will activate even if your phone is locked.
2. Ask Siri to tell you the time by saying “What time is it?” This will cause a clock to appear on the screen.
3. Touch the clock icon to switch screens. In the new screen that appears, select the “Timer” option.
4. Touch the “When the timer expires” option. At the top you will see the option “Buy more shades”. Selecting it will take you to the Apple store.
5. Once you are in the store, all you have to do is press the home button, which will take you to the main screen of your iPhone. Now you can access all the information on the phone!
Method 5: Through Apple Support
If the methods in this article to unlock an iPhone without a password seem too complicated for you or do not fit your case for any reason, you can contact Apple support directly to find out what you can do in your specific situation. Visit an Apple Store or search online for telephone numbers or emails to contact Apple technical support in your country.
– Choose a code or password that is difficult for others to guess, but that you can easily remember.
– If remembering numbers is difficult for you, use a pattern lock. Similarly, if using a pattern is difficult for you, use a PIN to unlock your iPhone.
– Synchronize your iPhone with your personal computer and choose the option “Trust this computer” to avoid having to enter your password every time you synchronize your iPhone.
– Always activate automatic backups that create a copy every time you synchronize your iPhone with your iTunes or periodically. You can save this copy on your computer or in your iCloud. This way you make sure you don’t lose any information if you lose your iPhone or if it is locked.
Using a PIN, password, or pattern lock is a quick and easy way to prevent other people from accessing your phone without your permission.
This system also prevents other people from simply guessing your code by limiting attempts to six. If someone tries to guess your password more than six times, your iPhone will be locked and you will have to use one of the methods in this article to unlock it for normal use.
Vineet Gupta is a highly acknowledged reporter from India, his super fast and accurate journalism has received praise from People in India and around the Asia. Vineet is currently working with Globe Live Media as a freelance journalist and will provide all the major news from India to the platform.