It’s update day for Fortnite, which sees many of its components reworked by Epic Games. Besides the addition of Oriela, Epic released update 16.40, dedicated to Creative Mode.
We often talk about the battle royale mode, which acts as a locomotive for the rest of the title, but Creative mode is not to be outdone with a large number of players active.
The heart of this patch 16.40, it is the improvement of functionalities linked to the creation of races. As Epic Games points out, the creators of Fortnite can now display and monitor the number of laps completed, as well as the lap times. This race manager allows new things for tournaments and time trials.
Summer is coming in just over a month, and Fortnite’s Creative Mode is already preparing for it. Epic announces the imminent arrival of special content dedicated to the season. Starting today, players can unlock the surfboard and create competitions in which you have to take a certain number of waves.
In addition, it is possible to create new boat races and fishing tournaments using the novelties. For the rest, the patch contains a number of fixes and optimizations, the list of which is available below:
GAMEPLAY BUGS CORRECTIONS
- Fixed an issue where players could not quickly edit while the blueprint was deployed.
ISLAND BUGS CORRECTIONS
- We changed the flat surfaces of the grid islands. The new material that makes up the floor is quieter compared to the cement used previously, and it reflects less light.
- The old Grid Flat, Flying, and Verdant Receptions have been removed from the Island Creation menu, as we are now using a new welcome and portal setup.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Details” and “Back” buttons to overlap in Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the list of recent islands was not updating.
CORRECTION OF GALLERIES AND PREFABRICATED
- Fixed an issue where some floors in the Coral Castle Center prefab would not load materials correctly.
- Fixed an issue where content relating to the roofs of Coral Castle Center prefabs and galleries did not have a health bar when taking damage and were not damaged by weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the Ice Hut Prefabs and Galleries snow piles would only display their textures on one side.
CORRECTION OF OBJECTS AND DEVICES
- Fixed an issue where the HP bonus would not drop completely to the ground when magnified.
- Fixed an issue where the moving bubble grapple would pull vehicles towards the bubble rather than the other way around.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.