During the special broadcast a few hours ago, Diablo IV told us about EndGame and by surprise he announced a new opportunity to try Diablo IV before its launch. The new test will be open to all players and on all platforms.
From May 12 at 9:00 p.m. CEST through May 14 at 9:00 p.m. CEST, anyone can come and defend Sanctuary against the armies of the Burning Hells on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 (with local co-op for consoles and cross-play and cross-progression for all platforms) and help us test the durability of our servers.
Some changes from previous betas
This beta will be a little different from the previous ones. Although we can play all classes, we will have a maximum level of 20.
In the Beta Returns event, players will be able to spend one last weekend in hell to experience a small portion of what Diablo IV has to offer. At the same time, we will take the opportunity to test the capacity of the servers before the launch. He Full Prologue and Act I they will be the blank canvas on which you will paint with the blood of slain demons. In addition, you can explore the first zone, Las Cimas Quebradas, at your leisure, and cross its rugged orography with the barbarian, druid, necromancer, rogue oh Wizard. Unleash your devastating power on your enemies, while honing your unique skills in the meantime.
This might sound familiar if you played during the Early Access and Open Beta weekends; however, we have introduced some nuances in beta feedback.
- Character progress earned during the Early Access and Open Beta weekends will not carry over to the Returning Beta, nor will character progress from the Returning Beta until launch.
- Players will be able to download their characters until level 20. At this point, they will stop earning skill points, but they can still kill demons and get cool gear.
- Changed the drop rate of Legendary items to reflect the drop rate in the final version of Diablo IV.
- The version of Diablo IV available during beta returns will include all bug fixes and updates listed in the Retrospect Open Beta blog post.
By reaching level 20 and defeating the world boss, we will be able to obtain a new endgame reward that could not be obtained in previous betas. This trophy for our mount will be available to all players who complete the kill Ashava challenge after reaching level 20. Remember that Ashava only appears at certain times.
These are the dates and times when you will be able to face Ashava in beta throwbacks:
- Starting May 13 from 6:00 PM CEST and every 3 hours until the last appearance on May 14 at 6:00 PM CEST.