Darkest Dungeon II received its last major update as part of Early Access. Among other things, it introduces pets and develops the horse-drawn carriage movement mechanism.
The Red Hook Studios team has released a new update for Darkest Dungeon II. This is the last major patch before the game leaves Early Access.
What’s new in Darkest Dungeon 2
The patch, titled Redemption Road, brings many new features. There are dozens of them, and I list the most important ones below.
- Movement mechanics on the map have been improved, strategically increasing the importance of route planning. Roads are now divided into different types with different levels of danger, and we can find out their nature using reconnaissance.
- Also, our team car got a new and better control system. It now also has expandable wheels and armor that needs to be pieced together. Some encounters also grant bonuses to these items.
- Another novelty, pets. Players can choose between ten types of them, and each has effects that greatly affect gameplay.
- The valley in the game has been redesigned: it is now shorter and the altar is found at the start of the game.
- The repulsion system has also been completely redesigned. More actions increase its level, and when it reaches the maximum, bosses will receive various bonuses that will make it difficult to defeat them.
- Mechanics related to using torches have been improved.
- Game economy and item balance have been overhauled.
- Removed the Infernal Flame system, designed to increase the difficulty level of strong characters. It will return in a significantly expanded version in version 1.0 of the game.
- Bug fixes are not lacking either.
The full list of changes is available here.
Recall that Darkest Dungeon II debuted in early access in October 2021. The game is available exclusively on PC. Console editions are planned, but they won’t be released until after version 1.0 is released.
The game is currently sold exclusively on the Epic Games Store, but the the complete edition, which will be released on May 8, will also arrive on Steam, the same day as the EGS.
- Darkest Dungeon 2 – game guide
- Darkest Dungeon II – official site