The announcement of ARK: Survival Ascended has angered gamers, mainly because of the price. They made their dissatisfied review known by bombarding the ARK: Survival Evolved profile on Steam.
A few days ago, Wildcard announced a huge delay affecting ARK 2, which shouldn’t finally be released until the end of next year. To make up for this setback for fans, it was revealed alongside ARK: Survival Ascended, a remaster of the first installment being developed on Unreal Engine 5, which will be released in August 2023. This announcement angered fans to the point that they flooded the original map on Steam with negative reviews.
- In the weeks leading up to the remaster’s announcement, ARK: Survival Evolved received anywhere from a few to a dozen negative reviews a day on Steam. The numbers started to increase rapidly from April 1 (the reveal date of ARK: Survival Ascended). The worst was yesterday, when ARK: Survival Evolved received 227 negative reviews.
- ARK: Survival Evolved has a total of over 472,000 reviews, so the review blitz cannot significantly affect the game’s reception stats on Steam – 83% of all player reviews are positive.
The influx of negative reviews began on April 1, the day ARK: Survival Ascended was announced. Source: Steam.
Players have good reason to be furious.
- ARK: Survival Ascended is expected to cost $50 (in a bundle that will also include ARK 2), and to make matters worse, the game won’t include updated versions of two DLCs (Explorer’s Pass and Genesis Pass). They will be released this year and next, and will cost $20 each.
- This is not the end of the bad news – at the time of ARK: Ascended SurvivalLaunch of the official servers of the original. ARK: Survival Evolved It will be closed. Luckily, that doesn’t mean the end of the original, as players will still be able to play on private servers.
- On Reddit, gamers are accusing Wildcard of greed and trying to force the community to switch to the remaster.
Players are also upset that ARK: Survival Ascended will not be available for purchase as a standalone product. The fact that for $50 you get both this game and ARK 2 seems like a pretty good deal, but it’s no surprise that many gamers are unhappy considering they’ll be waiting until the end of the year at least. next for the sequel.
An additional issue is that ARK 2’s release next year will likely be in Early Access, and many people would prefer to wait to purchase it until the game reaches an appropriate level of refinement.
- ARK – official site
- ARK: Survival Evolved – game guide