Alrond is an NPC who can give you huge EXP and JP gain in Octopath Traveler 2. In this guide, you will learn where to find him and how to recruit him.
Path actions in Octopath Traveler 2 allow the player to get help from NPC characters in different ways. It is often necessary to use path actions to complete quests, but some NPCs with powerful abilities can only be recruited after meeting certain conditions. One of them is Alrond, an NPC that can be used for efficient farming.
Who is Alrond in Octopath Traveler 2
Alrond is an NPC located in Wellgrove, on the Alrond estateand Misha Butler’s employer. The noble has an ability called Treasure Smell, which can increase EXP and JP gain up to 100 times. However, he can only be recruited three times.
How to recruit Alrond
The player can guide or hire the NPC to accompany him. However, To guide Alrond, Temenos must be level 80 or higher. Alternatively, you can be hired by Partitio for a large number of sheets (about 160-200 thousand), befriend Ochette by giving him 3 Octopath Bowlsrare drops of Octopuffs which can also be obtained from certain NPCs, or enchanted with Allure by Agnea with a 2% chance of success at level 80. As the alternatives are expensive and time consuming, It is recommended to guide with Temenos..
To use either method, you must first Complete the side quest The Next Chapter of Misha.
Misha’s Next Chapter Side Quests Guide
- Make sure you’re done Chapter 4 on the history of Partition,
- Enter the domain of Alrond,
- Talk with Misha in a room on the right downstairs,
- The night, bribe the wandering citizen next to an information stand on the man in brown coat,
- change day by day,
- Examine the anxious citizen for information on the Garbage collector,
- Return to Misha and share your findings,
- wait with Misha for the return of Alrond,
- Listen to Alrond and Misha’s conversation.
For completing the side quest, you will receive 15,000 sheets and a butler’s tail. You will also have the option to use path actions on Alrond.
Alrond grow guide
By using the right setup and farming in the right area, you can maximize EXP and JP gain from Alrond’s ability. Here are some tips and tricks:
- You can only have Alrond accompany you three times.and his EXP boost is random: your sea 2x, 10x or 100xyou must therefore save beforehand and restart if you do not obtain the 100x magnification,
- Equip one of your characters with support skills: Extra experience, hard worker, life in the shadows, there rarer monsters,
- Give the rest of your characters the Trader class support ability grows on trees
- equip as much Polvos Cait there octopus jars as possible,
- Give your character the JP there EXP Boosters.
- Choose a location with high level monsters, such as south of the unnamed villagewhich is also near a hostel.
Check out our other guides for Octopath Traveler 2:
- Where to find Cait Dust in Octopath Traveler 2
- How to defeat Behemoth in Octopath Traveler 2
- Guest Gmorph in Octopath Traveler 2