Bitcoin hit a new all-time high at just $ 60 below the $ 50,000 threshold on Tuesday, extending the accelerating rally sparked by major investors taking the cryptocurrency seriously.
* The first and most famous digital currency hit $ 49,938 earlier in the day and has gained nearly 70% so far this year, in large part after electric car maker Tesla said it would buy $ 1.5 billion worth of bitcoin and that he would accept the currency as payment for his cars.
* Tesla’s decision was the latest in a series of heavy investments that pulled bitcoin out of finance margins onto company balance sheets and on Wall Street trading desks as firms and traders have started demanding cryptocurrencies.
* Bitcoin, which was worth almost nothing a decade ago when its developer Laszlo Hanyecz paid for 2 pizzas with 10,000 bitcoin, surpassed $ 20,000 in mid-September, but until now it has not been so easy to reach $ 50,000 after several attempts .
“Bitcoin has been in an established range for the past four to five days, which suggests there is a time of consolidation or stagnation,” said Justin d’Anethan, digital markets asset manager at Diginex in Hong Kong.
* Bitcoin traded close to its record high of $ 49,045 while its rival, Ethereum, was also very close to its all-time high of $ 1,879 last week.
* PayPal is allowing its clients to use bitcoin among its associated merchants and Mastercard is preparing to follow suit, in movements that generate both opportunity and risk.
Samuel Edwards is the name you must have heard many times while reading reports related to Finance, that’s what he is good at. From Major Investments to Stock Market Updates, he got ’em all. Be ready to blow your mind by the mind-blowing reports of Finance World from Samuel Edwards.