Give your MS Word cover pages a special touch!
Microsoft Word is one of the most used programs to create digital documents from scratch. With this program it is possible to create letters, reports, resumes, invitations and brochures, as well as to make a calendar and cover pages for free. The functionality of this office automation tool is extremely simple and intuitive, although if you have little experience, the ideal is to use its help center to explore little by little each of its basic functions.
However, there are guides to learn how to work in Word, either to add fonts, templates, backgrounds and images, among other resources. Therefore, in this opportunity we will show you how to make an attractive cover page, with a professional touch and without having to invest so much time and money.
Steps to create a cover page for Word
Most digital documents require a cover page to present the content of the work, whether it is school, university, work or personal. Regardless of the purpose of the document, it is important to know how to make a cover page without having to open a new blank document. For this reason, we will now explain the steps to follow to create a cover page for a Word document.
- The first thing to do is to open the Word program or the document you are working on.
- Once you are at the beginning of the document, you must place the cursor on the Word menu located at the top of the screen.
- Among the functions, the Insert tab stands out, which you must press to immediately open a series of options.
- Now, in the section described above, you must select the Pages option and then the Cover Pages option.
- Once you have clicked on the Cover Pages option, a box will appear with all the Office.com options, which you can choose according to the one that best suits the characteristics of your document. It is also possible to remove the cover you have selected and try other options.
- Once you have chosen the cover page, the design will be distributed all over the Word screen and you will be able to start editing it.
Editing consists of changing the format of the text; either to add a nice title, change the typography, size, color and position of the text box or add any other element related to the content of the document.
You can do all this and much more for free and without any inconvenience, since this program allows you to customize all its templates so that they adjust to the user’s needs. And just like that, you will have already designed a cover page for a Word document. So, if you haven’t done it yet, it’s worth a try!
Steps to make a cover page in Word with a background image
In addition to creating classic Word cover pages, it is also possible to add a special touch by inserting a background image and to do so you just need to perform the following steps.
- In Word, you must click on the Design tab located at the top of the screen menu.
- Then, select the Watermark > Custom Watermark option.
- In this case you will have to choose Image Watermark in order to choose an image.
- When you have chosen the image of your choice, select the Fade option. And finally click OK.
In case you need to apply a watermark to a single page, then repeat the first two steps to create a custom watermark and store it in the gallery. Subsequently, you remove the current watermark and reapply it to a page in the respective gallery.