LIST of the richest people in the world: Indian business tycoon Gautam Adani may be regretting not being admitted to the Indian Premier League, but he is now at the top of his game. In the recent list of the world’s richest person, the chairman of the Adani Group is ranked fifth, beating Berkshire Hathway CEO Warren Buffett.
Adani is now the richest person in Asia with a net worth of $129.4 billion ahead of Mumbai Indian owner Mukesh Ambani who has a new net worth of $104.9 billion. Adani has seen a steady rise in shares with $49 billion in 2021 alone. He had earned Rs 6,000 crore every week in 2021.
List of the richest people in the world – Top 10:
- Elon Musk ($268.2 billion) – Tesla and SpaceX
- Jeff Bezos ($171.9 billion) – Amazon
- Bernard Arnault and family ($161.7 billion) – Louis Vuitton
- Bill Gates ($130.6 billion) – Microsoft
- Gautam Adani & Family (129.4 billion) – Adani Group
- Warren Buffett (121.900 millones) – Media Corp y Berkshire Hathaway
- Larry Ellison ($108.3 billion) – Oracle
- Larry Page ($105.2 billion) – Google
- Mukesh Ambani (104.9 billion) – Reliance Industries
- Sergey Brin (101.1 billion) – Google
But despite the IPL snub, Gautam Adani is likely to become the owner of a richer sports team. He owns the Pro Kabaddi League team Gujarat Giants and is already in the process of buying the Emirates T20 league team. If he succeeds in doing so, he will become the richest sports team owner on the following list of Forbes’ richest sports team owners.
Grupo Adani Liga UAE T20: The league already has the biggest names on the board as team owners. Reliance’s Mukesh Ambani, Bollywood’s Shah Rukh Khan, GMR’s Kiran Kumar Granthi and the Glazer family that owns the EPL club Manchester United have acquired teams in the much-hyped league.
The sixth member of this six-team league is a certain Rajesh Sharma, owner of the Dubai-based company Capri Global.
The richest sports team owners in the world: Steve Ballmer of the Los Angeles Clippers is currently the richest sports team owner with a net worth of $91.4 billion. But Mukesh Ambani of the Mumbai Indians is not far behind with $90.7 billion. Gautam Adani could be next.
Forbes World’s Richest Sports Team Owners List:
- Steve Ballmer (LA Clippers)
- Mukesh Ambani (Bombay Indians)
- Francois Pinault (Estadio Rennais FC)
- Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull Racing)
- Daniel Gilbert (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Hijo de Masayoshi (Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks)
- Steve Cohen (New York Mets)
- David Tepper (Carolina Panthers)
- Robert Pera (Griszzlies)
- Philip Anschutz (Los Angeles Kings, LA Galaxy)
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.