Michael Knight was the driver of a Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am, llamado KITTin an 80s TV series that made the car more famous than any advertising campaign possible: “The Fantastic Car”.
This black coupe with a red light beam that had movement in front when it was in autonomous mode of operationhe could manage himself, but he could also interact with David Hasselhof, the actor who starred in the series, speaking as if he were a human being. He not only obeyed orders, he also makes suggestions or engages in discussions with Knight when Knight wanted to take unnecessary risks for vehicle programming.
Pontiac was a brand of General Enginesand some things are not accidental in the automotive world, because now he is precisely a senior GM executive, Scott Miller, Vice President of Operating Systems and Software Defined Vehicles, who says it could happen in real life and not just fiction. When? He did not give details, but it is assumed that soon.
According to Reuters, Miller said General Motors is considering using the much-hyped ChatGPT chatbot system as part of its broader collaboration with Microsoft. “ChatGPT is going to be everywhere”said the executive in an interview a few days ago.
What is ChatGPT?
It is one of the newest and most advanced expressions of Artificial intelligence and the process of machine learning (machine learning), developed by the company Open AI. It is a system that uses more than 175 million parameters, it is trained with large amounts of text that allow it to conduct conversations and perform language-related tasks, from translation to text generation and actions.
For many years, the speech Recognition It is found in the most equipped cars on the market, although it is used for relatively simple functions such as changing the air conditioning in the passenger compartment, looking up a number in the contact list and making a call or changing the radio or music stations. In general, the commands you receive should be clear and short, and the responses refer to the same parameters.
With the use of ChatGPT, these functions could be much more extensive, In addition to allowing the car to generate other types of actions, which can range from seeking information of any kind and transmitting it to the occupants, sending it to another person abroad, scheduling appointments on the calendar, scheduling a gate to open on arrival home, and more.
“This change isn’t just about a single ability like the evolution of voice commandsbut it does mean that customers can expect their future vehicles to be much more capable and up-to-date with emerging technologies overall,” the spokesperson told Reuters.
As a test, GlobeLiveMedia asked the Chatbot to list the possible benefits that ChatGPT could bring to the interaction between the car and the user. The system responded:
“There are several ways to improve human-car interaction with ChatGPT. Here are some suggestions:
1. Interface design: A well-designed and easy-to-use interface can significantly improve the user’s interaction experience with ChatGPT. The interface should be intuitive and allow the user to interact with the system easily and without complications.
2. Voice recognition: The integration of a voice recognition system can be very useful to improve human and car interaction with ChatGPT. This way the user can interact with ChatGPT just by speaking instead of having to type their questions or commands.
3. Personalization: Allowing the user to personalize their experience with ChatGPT can be an effective way to improve interaction. For example, the user can customize the system voice tone, language, FAQs, etc.
4. Real-time feedback: It is important for ChatGPT to provide real-time feedback to the user so that they know the system is processing their request. This can include confirmation messages, progress updates, and quick answers to frequently asked questions.
5. Natural language processing improvements: Continuing to improve ChatGPT’s natural language processing can make it easier for the user to interact with the system and get accurate answers to their questions.
In general, the human-car interaction with ChatGPT can be improved by implementing a well-designed interface, integrating a voice recognition system, customizing the user experience, real-time, and improving the language processing continuum. natural.