Rosa Maria Mejiawidow of miner Rolando Alcocer—one of the miners who was buried by the tragedy of Concho Pasta— suffered a heart attack after a meeting of the victims with the authorities of the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) and the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare (STPS).
At this meeting, which took place on March 9, the head of the CFE, Manuel Bartlettmade the outrageous comment after a reporter asked if all the miners’ widows had been invited to the event.
Luisa Maria Mayorwho heads the STPS, assured that the invitation had been sent to the whole group, but a journalist reminded him that at the date of the meeting, five of them had died.
To this Bartlett said “Those Don’t Come” as a mockery Other officials present, such as César Fuentes Estrada —corporate director of engineering and projects of CFE— and Luis Bravo Navarro —coordinator of corporate communication of CFE— laughed at this comment.
According to the most recent reports, Rosa María Mejía’s heart attack happened moments after Bartlett’s unfortunate words. Apparently, one of the reasons for the attack would have been the anger that this mockery caused him.
A video shared by journalist Ciro Gómez Leyva showed the moment Mejía left the scene, with difficulty speaking, and admitted that it was courage that triggered his crisis.
A few hours later, according to an update from Luisa Alcalde, Ms. Rosa María had been transferred to the clinic 24 of the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) in the city of new rose, in the municipality of San Juan de Sabinas, Coahuila. “We will be careful to provide him with institutional support and we wish him a speedy recovery,” wrote the Secretary of Labor and Social Welfare on social networks.
“The meeting didn’t end because the lady got sick, we took her, I went with her and her daughter, so we didn’t know what they were there at the meeting, what it was. was agreed or nothing. She started to feel bad (…) they got out a wheelchair and we took her (from the place), from there they grabbed a Commission van and took her taken to insurance,” he said. Tomasita Martinezwidow of the Pasta de Conchos affair, in an interview for Group of images.
On the night of March 10, Rosa María Mejía was transferred from Nueva Rosita to a hospital in Monterrey, Nuevo León, to continue her medical care in intensive care, due to the fact that had gone into a coma, according to the latest reports. Previously, at Clinic 24 in Coahuila, she had been intubated.
Until the time this note was published, the health condition of the woman is unknown, as no authority has shared any reports in this regard.
After more than 17 years, the families of the miners who were trapped in Pasta de Conchos on February 19, 2006 They continue to demand justice. The March 9 press conference was aimed at discussing the steps the government will take to continue the rescue of the remains of the 63 workers.
“We come on the instructions of the president, we call on the community to participate in making the rescue of trapped miners a reality. We want to make up for lost time and make the rescue a reality,” said Luisa María Alcalde.
For his part, the engineer César Fuentes announced that he will be he April 14 when will they restart works in lighting and May 1 tunnel building. However, the families of the victims have been skeptical of the government’s announcements and commitments due to the multiple delays and obstacles encountered in the work of recovering the bodies.