Apple launched on June 6 at its WWDC 2022 the update to the Apple Watch operating system: watchOS 9. This new version came loaded with news focused on the health and training of its users.
They also updated functions such as the reminder and sleep tracking apps as well as added a large number of new spheres (Metropolitan, play and astronomy).
This update will be officially released in the fall, but Apple has released the public beta of watchOS 9 for all users who want to use it. If you are one of those people who cannot wait for the official watchOS 9 release, we will tell you how to do it.
How to install watchOS 9 public beta on Apple Watch
Before we start, we warn you that this update is not official and complete watchOS 9 , but rather it is an Apple beta and as such it could have some bugs. And that is why the apple company launches these betas before, so that users can tell them what is wrong so that they can solve it.
We also warn you that Apple will not let you go back to watchOS 8 once you have installed watchOS 9.
If you still want to continue, follow these steps to update your Apple Watch to watchOS 9:
- We suggest backing up your Apple Watch just in case. We remind you that this copy is created together with the backup of your iPhone.
- On your iPhone running the iOS 16 beta , go to this website.
- You’ll need to sign up for Apple’s Beta Software Program first. Once registered, you will see a tab with the title ” Guide for public betas “. Click on ” watchOS “.
- Ahora dale a “Inscribir tu Apple Watch“.
- In the next menu, click on ” Download Profile “.
- Click ” Allow ” to download the profile.
- Once downloaded, go to the Settings app and above you will see a new option called ” Profile downloaded “, click on it.
- Tap ” Install ” in the top right corner. It may ask for one of your verification codes in this step.
- Now you can read the consent agreement from Apple and you will need to press ” Install ” again.
- Your iPhone will now tell you that you must restart the clock to complete the changes.
- After the restart, go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. Click on ” General ” and then on ” Software Update “.
- You should see the public beta of watchOS 9. Now click on ” Download and install “. Make sure your Apple Watch has at least 50% battery, is connected to the charger and close to your iPhone with 50% battery as well.
How to take a screenshot of Apple CarPlay[/dfsn—box] Now all you have to do is enjoy the new watchOS 9 update. If something doesn’t work for you, don’t despair and remember that it’s a beta with the occasional bug or error.
As a reminder , watchOS 9 requires an iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16 or later and one of the following Apple Watch models : Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 6, and Apple Watch Series 7.
Rachel Maga is a technology journalist currently working at Globe Live Media agency. She has been in the Technology Journalism field for over 5 years now. Her life’s biggest milestone is the inside tour of Tesla Industries, which was gifted to her by the legend Elon Musk himself.