NEW YORK — Are you a fan of the Harry Potter saga? We have good news for you.
Harry Potter: The Exhibitionbilled as the most comprehensive traveling exhibit ever on the famous character’s magical world, will arrive in New York on May 19 at the popular Herald Square and tickets for the new interactive experience went on sale Thursday.
From May 19, visitors can choose a Boss, cast a spell, test your skills Quidditch and brew potions at Herald Square, 50 W. 34th Street. (34th Street and Broadway). Tickets start at $29 for adults.
The immersive exhibit opened in 2022 in Philadelphia at the Franklin Institute and has welcomed over 750,000 Wizarding World visitors and fans. It is currently showing in Atlanta, Georgia and Vienna, Austria, and will open in Paris, France in April.
“Harry Potter: The Exhibition belongs to the greatest city in the world,” said Tom Zaller, President and CEO ofe Imagine the exhibitions. “This exhibit celebrates the wizarding world like no other travel experience, which makes it better than New York to host it. We look forward to sharing it with the millions of visitors who come from all over the world, as well as fans. and families in the New York metropolitan area.”
New behind-the-scenes exhibit celebrates iconic moments, characters, settings and beasts seen in the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films and stories, plus the wonders of the wider wizarding world, including costumes, props and accessories . of the Tony® Award-winning Broadway production Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Guests can experience the beautifully crafted environments that honor many unforgettable moments that fans and audiences have cherished for over two decades, viewing everything from original costumes to authentic props up close as they embark on a journey personalized through incredible inspiring and magical innovations and environments using top-notch immersive design and technology.
As visitors explore each gallery, their interactions are captured using RFID wristbands to deliver unique experiences tied to their visitor profile.
Exhibition Gallery Highlights:
- It features a first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone locked in a Gringotts-inspired vault and is surrounded by inspirational videos and literary quotes, reconnecting visitors with history as they experience the exposure.
- The Hogwarts Castle Gallery presents an immersive multimedia experience with iconic items such as the Whomping Willow, Dementors and Marauder’s Map, where visitors will see their name appear, inspiring them to continue exploring the exhibit.
- The Great Hall Gallery is a space that allows visitors to celebrate magical seasonal moments in its iconic architecture.
- The gallery Hogwarts houses lays the groundwork for the exhibition experience, allowing guests to have more personalized moments with the Hogwarts house they selected when they pre-registered. While guests may gravitate to one house, this gallery will allow visitors to experience all of the Hogwarts houses in a party room complete with an iconic sorting hat – perfect for photos – while surrounded by house crests newly designed in meticulously created stained glass windows. .
- Hogwarts classrooms are filled with iconic props, creatures and costumes. Visitors will interact with magical lessons and games via digital touchscreens to reveal behind-the-scenes secrets of iconic classroom moments. They’ll brew potions in the Potions Room, foretell the future in Divination, plant a Mandrake in the Herbology Greenhouse, and use their digital wand to defeat a boggart in Defense Against the Dark Arts.
- Hagrid’s Hut and The Forbidden Forest offer an interactive Patronus charm experience. Guests will then discover iconic creatures, like centaurs and the acromantula, hidden in the forest and explore a recreation of Hagrid’s hut inside.
- An exclusive collection of Harry Potter merchandise: The exhibition will be available at the venue retail store for guests to celebrate their hobby through a variety of themed collections. Fans can choose from a variety of merchandise, including clothing, jewelry, and edible treats, including fan-favorite chocolate frogs and bottled butterbeer, as well as merchandise not available in any other experience. fan. Wizarding world.
For more information and to buy tickets, go here.