Embracer Group has announced that an as yet unrevealed game set in Tolkien’s Middle-earth is in development. A total of five interactive Lord of the Rings adaptations are set to hit the market on April 1 next year.
Last year Embracer Group acquired Middle-earth Enterprises along with all the rights to create adaptations of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. We have now learned the company’s plans for the brand.
- In the new financial report published by the company, there is information that In the fiscal year 2023/2024 (i.e. in the period from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024), five games set in the world created by Tolkien will be released.
- We’ve known about four for a while: they’re The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria, The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth, and a project developed by Weta Workshop. , a studio known for developing special effects for film adaptations of Tolkien’s works.
- Likewise, thanks to the financial report of Embracer Group, we have learned that there is another game of the brand in development, which has not yet been officially announced.
- Also new is the information that this undisclosed project and Weta’s game is expected to release before April 2023.
- It’s worth noting that of the four games revealed so far, Embracer won’t be releasing any of them. After all, by acquiring Middle-earth Enterprises, the group also acquired the licensing rights to the brand from others.
Recall that the action-adventure game The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is heading to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5. The game should be released between April and September of this anus. Daedalic Entertainment will be the publisher.
In contrast, The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria is an online survival game that will be published by North Beach Games. The game will debut this year, exclusively on PC.
Meanwhile, The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth is a mobile RPG with a turn-based combat system that Electronic Arts is working on. So far, it is unknown when this title will debut in the market. Last year, a first version of the project was made available in several countries. The feedback collected led to the decision to extend the development cycle.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that Embracer’s financial report reveals that in the last quarter, the company’s revenue increased by 128% compared to the same period in 2022.
- Middle-earth Companies – official site
- Hugger – official website