Lost Ark has only been playable in Europe for a month and is already around the corner with new content. The March update not only wants to fix many bugs, but also keep you on the ball with a new quest line, a raid and the first ranked PvP season. We have summarized the most exciting information from the update for you.
When can you start playing the new content? From now on! The servers are back online after a long downtime and the update has been installed. So you can jump straight into the innovations.
It’s in the March update
New story quest line
If you liked the story of Lost Ark as much as our colleague Dennis did in the GameStar test for Lost Ark, then this should be your update highlight.
With the Kadan quest line, you will learn more about the first Guardian Slayer, who plays an important role in the story because, among other things, he fought alongside the King of Luterra. So far you haven’t been able to see him in the game.
During the questline you will also visit two new areas: The Bamboo Islands and Isteri. You can see what they look like in our gallery.
You are now making it your business. In the quest line you search for the man steeped in history and learn more about the Star Messengers. To start the quest, you must have completed the Feiton area and preferably have a Gear Score of 1100.
You must also have completed the following quests: “Yorn – Let There Be Light”, “Whisperholm – The Beginning of Our Story”, and “Bamboo Island of Illusion – End of Trials”.
New Abyss Raid: Argos
An old MMO wisdom says: No content update without a new dungeon or raid. This also applies to Lost Ark and that’s why you get a new guardian raid in which you grab Argos by the horns. We have summarized the requirements you need to have for the new raid and everything else you need to know in a separate article.
New mini-game: The Arkesian Grand Prix
Do you know what else Lost Ark was missing? Correct. Motor race. Except that at the Arkesia Grand Prix we don’t rush around the curves with our prettiest mounts, but are transformed into our racing form ourselves.
Together with six other players, we also compete against a team of seven and try to be the first to cross the finish line, in the old racing way. Just like in Mario Kart or other popular races, we are allowed to put obstacles in our opponent’s way.
Attention: You can only participate in the race when you are level 50. In addition, the race is limited in time. It runs until the upcoming April update (so about a month). You can register for the race with the respective NPC in every major city (except Prideholm).
1. Season Ranked PvP
The first PvP season will also start soon. This is the only content that is not immediately playable. The ranked season starts towards the end of the month. There is no specific date. Also, you can only join the matchmaking queue in Team Deathmatch mode.
Those who would like to participate in the Ranked Season can now use the time to reach Tier 1 in the Trial Arena.
Skins and login bonuses
There is new content here too. You can purchase the Omen skins in the IngameShop until the April update. There are also new login bonuses that should lure you into the world of Arkesia every day. In addition, the Western Europe server region will receive special login bonuses to make it easier for all region changers to catch up.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed a Direct X 11 related issue that caused the game client to become unresponsive when going from windowed to full screen mode and using Alt+Tab.
- Fixed a graphics settings issue where the “Restore Defaults” button would sometimes set the graphics settings to a higher than intended default setting.
- Fixed some controller support issues for tutorials and other guides.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to drop gems when using a controller.
- Fixed a character creation/customization issue where the “Hello” tattoo was displayed backwards.
- Fixed an issue in the Stronghold Estate Management UI where AZERTY keyboard input was not properly supported.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect abyss dungeon tutorial video played.
- Fixed issues resulting in players sometimes being unable to hear, speak, or walk to others while in raid group chat.
- Fixed an issue that caused the global chat hotkey feature to not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Weekly Battle Item Pack was showing that it can be claimed 10 times. This has been changed to reflect the purchase limit of 1 time per week. Although we had already reported this issue as fixed in our last update, we are still working to resolve the issue and apologize for any ambiguity between updates.
- Fixed an issue in the Training Room that caused the tutorial text for the Stand Up move to disappear too quickly.
- Fixed an issue in the Honest Liar quest that prevented players from clicking through quest interactions and NPC dialogue to advance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Notos Orka Ship Skin Choice Chest to be limited to only one purchase instead of three purchases.
- Fixed an issue with the Stronghold Laboratory UI where additionally unlocked research laboratories were not displayed.
- Fixed other minor and backend issues.
As you have already read from the update, the developers are already planning the April update, which could probably be just as extensive. For the moment you should be provided with content with the new story, the raid, as well as the PvP season and the minigame.
What do you say about the content? Write us your opinion in the comments.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.