New rental assistance program for low-income families in Los Angeles: how to apply if you live in the area

New rental assistance program for low-income families in Los Angeles: how to apply if you live in the area

At Globe Live Media we tell you everything you need to know about the new rental assistance program for low-income families in District 13 of Los Angeles, including how to apply if you live in the area. You have until November 4 to apply for this financial aid

Good news for all Los Angeles District 13 tenants: you can now apply for rental assistance through the financial aid program carried out by Councilman Mitch O’Farrell.

This program, made up of a fund of $3 million dollars, is aimed primarily at low-income renters who have had trouble keeping up with their rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and will award up to $5,000 dollars in rental assistance to eligible tenants.

In order to apply for this program, you must live within District 13, that is, in the following geographic areas of the city of Los Angeles:

1) Atwater Village.
2) EastHollywood.
3) Echo Park.
4) Elysian Valley.
5) Glassell Park.
6) Historic Filipinotown.
7) Hollywood.
8) Larchmont Village.
9) Little Armenia.
10) Melrose Hill.
11) Rampart Village.
12) Ridgewood-Wilton.
13)Silver Lake.
14) Spaulding Square.
15) St Andrews Square.
16) Sunset Square.
17)Thai Town.
18) Hangman Village.
19) Virgil Village.
20) Western-Wilton.
21) West Lake.
22) Wilshire Center.
23)Windsor Square.

Eligible tenants must have income below the Area Median Income, and have rent due as of April 2022. According to information published by the District Council, a family of two with an annual income of $76,250 would qualify for this help.

How do I apply for rental assistance if I live in this area?

The new applications began to be accepted, digitally, starting at 8:00 AM on Monday, October 24, and will be available until Friday, November 4, 2022.

In the event that you do not have access to a computer, you can call the telephone number (855) 490-3481 to apply for the program.

You will need to provide documentation that you live in an apartment and that you pay rent, although this does not necessarily have to be a rental agreement. Notifications by your landlord are also allowed.

You’ll also need to provide identification, proof of rent arrears, and proof of income, such as your tax returns or employer contact information.

This financial aid must not be reimbursed, and it should be noted that it is paid directly to the landlord to whom the rent is owed.

Samuel Edwards
Samuel Edwards is the name you must have heard many times while reading reports related to Finance, that's what he is good at. From Major Investments to Stock Market Updates, he got 'em all. Be ready to blow your mind by the mind-blowing reports of Finance World from Samuel Edwards.