On the big voyage in Anno 1800: Update 11 brings many innovations with it
Since Anno 1800 saw the light of day two years ago, it has been continuously expanded with new content. In addition to affordable DLC’s, there is regular replenishment of free content that is supposed to provide fresh gaming fun.
Update 11 is already in the starting blocks and, like every time, all information about the upcoming patch is available in advance. In this article you will learn what’s in the new update and when exactly the download will be available.
When and at what time will Update 11 appear?
The download will go live on May 25 at 6:00 p.m. You can find it on the corresponding Ubisoft uplay page. The size of the download is 3.7 GB. In a separate article you can find out how much the game has changed thanks to all the updates including number 10.
New gameplay features & content
- When the captain informs you about a new expedition, its difficulty level is now displayed. You also have an option to discard it immediately within the captain’s message. You can also reject the expedition directly from the archive on the left-hand side with a discard button – or with a right-click, as you can do with regular notifications or warnings.
- Players can now send money to each other in multiplayer matches.
- A new profile section has been added to the Achievements screen. Players can now edit their current profile and change their avatar, company logo, etc.
- Quests can now be minimized in the Quest Tracker to keep a better overview.
- In the event tracker, you can choose how you want to be notified for all events (such as a completed world exhibition): with an animated character, a simple notification or not at all.
- If you move the mouse pointer over a commodity when setting up a trade route, the inventory and the trend of the commodity are displayed on the island map.
- The game speed can now be reduced by half using a new button in the menu at the top right.
- New tool to replant natural trees in all regions.
For season pass owners
- With Game Update 11, the second DLC of Season 3, “Reisezeit“, will be added to the game for all owners of the Season 3 Pass. Travel time can also be purchased individually from May 25th.
For users of the Land of the Lions DLC
- The new quest line is unlocked immediately after the Kidusi quest line has been completed – regardless of the outcome – and starts with Ketema giving you a decision quest.
- You can now add multiple items or discoveries to a research queue, which will automatically develop all objects in it one after the other, if enough research points are available.
The full patch notes for Anno 1800 Update 11
Here you can find all the changes from Update 11 for Anno 1800.
- The fireworks of the capon scepter can now be deactivated with Shift + V if it is equipped in the museum.
- The “Explorer” logo is now available to all players.
- It is now possible to purchase the Great Eastern from Archibald Blake if it was previously lost on an expedition.
- Destroyed or damaged Speicherstadt modules can no longer be destroyed or rebuilt during a siege.
- Players can now exit pause mode with the ESC button.
- The oil warehouse in the Old World and at Cape Trelawney is now also affected by the optimization buff of the influence system.
- The prioritization behavior of the AI when defending allies has been adjusted
- Allies now prioritize helping you (and with more ships) rather than following their own agenda.
- Ornament sorting in the build menu has been improved.
- There were some illogical differences between the Old World and New World, and while park fountains, for example, had their own category, city fountains did not.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases NPC trade routes could be accessed from the statistics menu.
- The message “Your city has become more beautiful” is no longer incorrectly triggered after loading a savegame.
- The construction progress is now restarted if a production building that needs to be planted (e.g. woodcutter’s hut) is moved.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to drag items from a ship into a 2nd party building.
- Fixed an issue where the fully refrigerated ship would not receive the bonus speed effect when investing influence in trading.
- The abbreviation for donating to science can no longer be used for items that are socketed in public buildings.
- Fixed an issue where a notification for the AI to settle on an island could be accepted even though the player had already settled.
- Fixed an issue where the refund notification for the demolition of the Speicherstadt complex did not include the modules.
- Fixed the game freezing temporarily after removing multiple piers from blueprints.
- The filter “Elder Needs” now also shows the needs of the elders at the pastoral level.
- The problem with the missing radio tower of the scholars in the guideline “welfare of the workers” has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the transition between the quay and cobbled streets.
- Fixed an issue where the cobblestone road was available with a shortcut before it was unlocked in the New World.
- The problem with the missing additional income bonus promised by the town hall item “Generous Innkeeper” has been fixed.
- The problem with missing refunds after the demolition of the “Advanced Pier” has been fixed.
- Fixed a problem with invalid positions of Speicherstadt buildings when they were rotated with the “Rotate building” hotkeys.
- Fixed problem with inconsistency between actual and claimed settings of the working conditions for some marginal cases.
- Fixed an issue where Hugo would compliment the player if a tractor barn was built despite being defeated.
- The issue with the lack of refunds after the demolition of the upgraded oil port in Enbesa has been fixed.
- The problem has been fixed that occasionally goods in the export “pyramid” of the Speicherstadt meta menu were not automatically moved upwards.
- Fixed the issue where a socket in the export goods pyramid would still appear locked after manually placing goods in it, which would skip the sockets of the previous export level.
- Fixed the issue with the wind not changing direction in Enbesa.
- Fixed an issue where a trader’s description was used as a keyword instead of the trader’s name.
- Fixed an issue where the “Huge Oil Harbor” upgrade in Enbesa was not consuming any resources.
- Fixed missing progress counter for “DLC: Market Flood”.
Bug Fixes in User Interface
- Fixed an issue where the population list in the stats menu was slow to open.
- Fixed an issue that caused misleading upkeep costs to be displayed in the info tip of all monuments.
- Fixed an issue where the happiness tooltip displayed the wrong peace / war status
- Fixed an issue where some contract buttons would not be disabled after a contract was signed.
- Previously missing icons for imported goods added to the exchange ratio info tip in the Speicherstadt.
- Fixed an issue where not all items were displayed correctly in the Old Nate’s Transmute menu.
- The last section of the control menu is no longer cut off.
- Fixed an issue where the text was missing for some palace effects.
- Fixed an issue with the wrong goods being highlighted in the ship menu.
- The cultural buildings menus now close when another full-screen menu is opened.
- Fixed a few issues with scrolling in the item list of cultural buildings.
- Fixed minor visual issues in the build menu.
- Fixed an issue with the expedition preparation menu where only 2 rows of goods were displayed when the menu was closed and immediately reopened.
- Fixed an issue with the expedition preparation menu where only 2 rows of goods were displayed when scrolling through to the end.
- Fixed problem with stretched item slots in the ship transfer menu.
- Fixed an issue where info tips were incorrectly displayed when the cursor was over certain areas of the home screen.
- The Scholar tab has been removed from the ship’s menu – back to the Research Institute, but quickly!
- The loading speed value is now correctly rounded in the Speicherstadt menu when it is buffed by Khadija Tsegaye.
- The info tip for “Potential Rewards” in the expedition menu has been corrected.
- Separators in the menu of production buildings adjusted.
- Fixed incorrect info tips for export activation conditions for the Speicherstadt.
- Info tips for items revised if they are socketed in cultural buildings.
- The “World Class Reefer” now also appears in the info tip for merchant ships in the influence menu.
- Fixed an issue where numbers could be entered into charter routes that exceeded the maximum value.
- Fixed missing info tip for the “Undo” button in the ship preparation section of the expedition menu.
- Occasionally misleading progress bar for the achievement “Chartered Company” has been fixed.
- Fixed an occasional issue where the timer would show the remaining time “-1:00” in the excavation site menu after completing the second construction phase.
- Fixed issue with commodity info tips that had been adjusted to the lower left corner covering the commodity icons in the Advanced Pier menu.
- The problem has been fixed that the “Jump to” button overlapped the dealer status in the main menu of the Speicherstadt in some localizations.
- Fixed an issue where saves with long names would appear truncated in the saves menu.
Bug Fixes in Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where the blueprints for the White Lady ship could be picked up by another team in multiplayer mode.
- A newspaper’s propaganda editing will no longer reset when a multiplayer co-op partner exits the newspaper screen.
- Fixed some issues with tutorial message bubbles for a co-op game.
- Fixed a problem with the positioning of the co-op indicator in the object menu for monuments in multiplayer mode.
- Fixed the issue in multiplayer when the game was not paused after receiving a second multiplayer invite.
- The problem has been fixed that the lobby for loading a multiplayer savegame could be entered by any friend by publicly joining the game, even if this option was activated when it was created.
Bug fixes in graphics and audio output
- Fixed an issue with terrain flickering at low camera angles.
- Feedback units no longer get their feet wet when crossing ornamental bridges in the port area.
- Food is again served on tables that are part of the Cosmetic DLC “City Lights” – people got hungry.
- Fixed a visual issue that occurred while moving the airship with the North Sea skin.
- Visual impact effects of projectiles from mounted guns now disappear after hitting a target.
- Fixed an issue with the location of the flagship engine smoke on some skins.
- A problem has been fixed in which the “North Sea” switched to the regular flagship wreck model when it was destroyed.
- Fixed a visual issue for the North Sea clipper skin that occurred at certain camera distances.
- Some intermediate damage visualizations for different ship types have been added.
- Fixed an issue with the Iris Garden ornament that showed incorrect colors in medium graphics settings.
- Fixed missing collision in the maritime part of the commuter pier.
- Fixed some minor visual problems for the Enbesan »salt works«.
- Fixed a bug for the smoke effect after destroying the extravagant steamer.
- Fixed missing feedback units for the “Chess Table” ornament in the New World.
- Polished asset “loaded boat” from the Docklands ornament package.
- Fixed an issue with the foundations of monuments not being adapted to the ground in preview mode or during demolition.
- Added missing renovation sound effect for the Speicherstadt building.
- Added missing destruction sound effect for some port buildings.
- Fixed a missing sound effect when the new Kaistraße was destroyed.
Bug Fixes in Quests
- The flagship received during the campaign can now always use military items.
- We fixed a rare problem with quests that were only shown in the tracker but not in the quest book.
- Fixed a UI bug in the quest tracker in the campaign.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly spawning ships in the Von Malching questline.
- Fixed a rare issue where a quest delivery would consume all goods on the ship.
- A bug with the jump to button in the “Hibernation” quest has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue with quests spawning in the wrong session.
- A problem that could lead to missing items in some quests has been fixed.
- All port crates should now be removed if you get control of “Bright Sands” in the campaign.
- A bug in the quest “Future Hero” has been fixed.
- A bug with a text bubble that did not want to disappear in the quest “An exemplary silo” has been fixed.
- A bug with translucent outlines of AI buildings in photo quests has been fixed.
- Fixed a spawn bug with ships in the “They shouldn’t have seen this” quest.
- The “Belly Plea” quest no longer spawns when Eli Bleakworth is not in play.
- Fixed a very rare issue with quests that were successfully completed immediately after being accepted.
- Resident quests should no longer spawn in the middle of the ocean.
Localization and text
- Fixed a typo in the German localization for “Anehmliche Siedlung”.
- Adjusted descriptions for some items that incorrectly claimed to affect “All Enbesan Crop Farms”.
- Adjusted the name of the Pyrphorian Battlecruiser for some languages.
- The names of the export levels in the »Speicherstadt« tutorial menu now match the names in the game itself.
- The term “filter dealers” in the trade route menu is now translated.
- The term “throw overboard” on the expedition screen is now translated.
- The term “export goods required” in the info tip on imported goods in the Speicherstadt menu has now been translated.
- Adjusted some ambiguous information tips for »Speicherstadt«.
- Inconsistencies between the name and the effect of the item “Loving Goatherd” adjusted.
- Adjusted some text problems for various achievements.
- Revised some localizations for the “Keepers of the Worlds of Old” buff.
- Text adapted for the extra sebum rations in the info tip on the mother of pearl item.
- Improved text formatting in the multiplayer lobby.
- Info tips when switching between different regions in the German and Polish localization improved.
- Improved text for “Loading …” status in the multiplayer loading screen in the Polish localization.
- Added localization for all sheet music info tips in all languages.
- Misleading information “0/1 progress” adjusted for achievements where more than “1” had to be achieved.
- Russian localization for “Donate to Research” button in options menu adjusted.
- Fixed a problem where the row “All goods” in the warehouse tab of the statistics menu was not translated immediately after changing the language.
- Fixed an issue where certain shortcuts were not translated immediately after changing languages.
- Fixed an issue where the “City Lights Pack” was not capitalized correctly in Russian, Polish, and Italian.
- The »Use only sans serif font« option is deactivated for all Asian languages.
Brent Dubin, known as the Gaming Giant among Globe Live Media staff, is the chief Gaming Reporter for Globe Live Media. Having attended all the major events of Gaming around the World, he is sure to give you exactly the update related to gaming World you are looking for.