President Andrés Manuel López Obrador ( AMLO ) held a working breakfast with businessmen from Mexico and the United States at the Mexican Cultural Institute in Washington on July 13.
Mexican and US officials participated in the meeting, as well as businessmen from both countries who meet twice a year at the US-Mexico CEO Dialogue.
During the dialogue they had a very business menu , which they tasted while AMLO gave his speech and throughout the bilateral conversations.
This is the very business menu of AMLO’s breakfast with businessmen
AMLO ‘s working meeting with businessmen from Mexico and the United States was held at the Cultural Institute of Mexico in Washington on July 13.
The meeting, which lasted about 2 hours, was accompanied by this very business menu :
- Summer Melon Salad with Watermelon Chunks
- mini butter croissants
- Whole Grain English Muffin topped with Scrambled Eggs, Avocado Slices, served with Grilled Asparagus and Bacon
- Orange juice
- Coffee and tea
The CEO Dialogue meeting was created in 2013 by the Business Coordinating Council (CCE) and the US Chamber of Commerce with the purpose of promoting high-level institutional interaction between businessmen from the two countries.
Who was at AMLO’s meeting with businessmen? They tasted the very business menu
AMLO went to Washington to hold working meetings with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris , president and vice president of the United States, respectively.
Likewise, he prepared for a meeting with businessmen from both countries, where he was accompanied by his entourage, as well as by US officials and businessmen.
While AMLO was accompanied by:
- Marcelo Ebrard, Secretary of Foreign Relations
- Tatiana Clouthier, Secretary of the Economy
- Rocío Nahle, Secretary of Energy
- Victor Villalobos, Secretary of Agriculture
- Roberto Velasco, head of the North American Unit of the SRE
- Octavio Romero Oropeza, director of Pemex
- Esteban Moctezuma, Ambassador of Mexico to the United States
- Miguel Santiago Reyes, director of CFE
- Luz María de la Mora, Undersecretary of Foreign Trade
The US officials who attended, representing their government were:
- Tom Vilsack, US Secretary of Agriculture
- Ken Salazar, United States Ambassador to Mexico
Around 80 people attended the meeting, including officials and businessmen, among whom the following stand out:
- Francisco Cervantes Díaz, President of the Business Coordinator Council
- Neil Herrington, Senior Vice President for the Americas at the US Chamber of Commerce
- Guillermo Voguel, Mexican Co-Chairman of CEO Dialogue and Vice Chairman of the Board of Tenaris
- Patrick Ottensmeyer, US Co-Chairman of the CEO Dialogue and Chairman of Kansas City Southern
- Carlos Slim Helú, businessman, President of Fundación Telmex, A., among other companies
- Jeff Martin, CEO of Sempra Energy
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.