September 2020 was World’s hottest recorded September: NOAA

September 2020 was World's hottest recorded September: NOAA

September 2020 was World’s hottest recorded September: NOAA

Globe Live Media, Oct.15- Researchers at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said on Wednesday that September 2020 was the hottest registered September since they started recording the temperatures in 1880.

Climatologists at the NOAA said that this was the warmest September registered on record with a temperature departure from average of 0.97 degrees celsius or 1.75 degrees Fahrenheit above the 20th century average.
The ten warmest recorded Septembers have occurred since 2005.

Climatologists said that there is a 65 percent chance that this year might end up as the warmest year on record, and about a 35 percent chance of it being the second warmest year on record.

The Researchers say that a small change in the global temperature can lead to big changes in extreme weather, heatwaves can become more frequent, more intense.
Regions that are dry will get drier and regions that are wet will get wetter, said the Researchers.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *