Britain’s Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was transferred to another London hospital on Monday to receive treatment for an infection and evaluate a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace announced.
The 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital on February 17 after feeling unwell. Later, the palace confirmed that they were treating him for an infection.
Prince Philip spent 14 days and 13 nights there, his longest hospital stay to date. This Monday he was transferred to St. Bartholomew Hospital, also in London. There, doctors will continue to treat you for an infection, as well as perform tests and observations for a pre-existing heart condition.
St. Bartholomew’s Hospital specializes in cardiac care, according to the hospital’s website. According to its page, the institution is considered “the largest specialized cardiovascular service in Europe.”
The duke remains comfortable and responds to treatment, according to a statement from the royal communications office. However, he is expected to remain in the hospital until at least the end of the week, the statement said.
Prince Philip’s youngest son, Prince Edward, recently told Britain’s Sky News that his father was “much better.” He also mentioned that he was eager to go home.
“We have received some brilliant and charming messages from all kinds of people. And we really appreciate it and so does he. I’ve been passing it on to them, ”Eduardo said.
Prince William, the grandson of Prince Philip, previously said that his grandfather was “fine” and that hospital staff were monitoring him.
The duke, who will turn 100 in June, walked away from public life in 2017 and has been rushed to hospital multiple times in recent years. In December 2019, he received hospital treatment for a pre-existing condition. Prince Philip surrendered his driver’s license in February 2019, after being involved in a car accident.
Queen Elizabeth and her husband spent most of the past year at Windsor Castle outside London. They moved out of Buckingham Palace during the first wave of the covid-19 pandemic in spring 2020. In April 2020, the Duke of Edinburgh made a rare public statement, in which he thanked key workers across the Kingdom. United.
The Queen and Prince Philip received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in January.
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.