He dies after drinking an entire bottle of Jägermeister in less than two minutes

He dies after drinking an entire bottle of Jägermeister in less than two minutes

The victim, who was in his mid-thirties, was participating in a drinking contest at a liquor store.

Edifying proof of the dangerousness of certain festive practices related to alcoholic beverages. A man in his early twenties died a few days ago in South Africa, after having swallowed an entire bottle of strong alcohol in two minutes.

According to information from The Independent, the tragedy occurred in a liquor store located in the town of Elim, in the south-west of the country. The local police immediately opened an investigation, in particular with the aim of identifying the victim, who was apparently “about 25 or 30 years old”.

A reward of 200 rand (about $11.83) had been promised to him

Also according to the British media, a viral video would have circulated on South African social networks, showing the young man emptying a bottle of Jägermeister, a famous liqueur whose alcohol content is 35% in less than two minutes, to the applause and cheers of a small crowd of people gathered in the shop.

A few seconds after this “exploit”, the unfortunate however collapsed, unconscious. “He was taken to the local clinic, where he was pronounced dead,” said a police spokesman, quoted by The Independent.

According to the English daily, the victim was promised the sum of 200 rand (about $11.83) if he managed to drink a whole bottle of Jägermeister in a given time.

Melissa Galbraith
Melissa Galbraith is the World News reporter for Globe Live Media. She covers all the major events happening around the World. From Europe to Americas, from Asia to Antarctica, Melissa covers it all. Never miss another Major World Event by bookmarking her author page right here.