Hundreds of protesters gathered in DC, Texas, New York, Illinois and other states to take part in a series of protests against the Supreme Court’s draft decision showing the court could overturn abortion rights.
During this Saturday, more than 380 demonstrations called “Bans Off Our Bodies” are planned in favor of the right to abortion. One of the largest gatherings is expected to be in New York City.
- Los Angeles, Chicago and Austin, Texas are other venues for the massive protests.
- Sponsors of the day-long event include Women’s March, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, UltraViolet,
- MoveOn, the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Abortion Rights Action League.
- The protests come days after the Senate failed to pass a bill that would have enshrined the right to abortion across the country.
- Meanwhile, the Supreme Court remains surrounded by security fences, as do the residences of the judges.
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.