Read more from Author Ben Oakley here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/ben-oakley/
01/18/2021 Taking care of our feet is essential given the low temperatures we are experiencing. MADRID, 18 (CHANCE) With the arrival of low temperatures that are hitting a large part of our country these days, our feet can suffer if we do not pay enough attention to them and give them the care they deserve. Therefore, to avoid health problems that could even affect other parts of our body, it is important that we take certain precautions and follow certain recommendations, such as the decalogue prepared by the Official Podiatry College of the Community of Madrid, with some simple recommendations to take care of the health of our feet. EUROPE SPAIN POLICY SOCIEDAD COPOMA
MADRID, 18 January 2021
With the arrival of the low temperatures that are hitting much of our country these days, our feet can suffer if we do not pay enough attention to them and give them the care they deserve. Therefore, to avoid health problems that could even affect other parts of our body, it is important that we take certain precautions and follow certain recommendations, such as the decalogue prepared by the Official Podiatry College of the Community of Madrid, with some simple recommendations to take care of the health of our feet.
The five things we should do:
– The most important thing, always, is knowing how to choose good footwear. The main thing is that it is the correct size. That is to say, that it is not loose so that it does not force our muscles, but neither does it tighten us and hinder our circulation or cause friction. In addition, it should be made of natural materials, breathable, waterproof and with a non-slip sole.
– Secondly, it is also very important to use natural fiber socks, which allow good perspiration and avoid excessive sweating.
– Thirdly, it is important to carry out certain daily hygiene care: wash with neutral soap, dry gently and hydrate once or twice a day.
– On the other hand, it is important to increase the consumption of certain foods and drink plenty of water. Proper hydration will help our circulation and prevent our feet from getting cold. In addition, foods with vitamin C, E and K, and spices such as cayenne, turmeric, cinnamon or pepper, will also be beneficial for us at this time of year.
– Finally, it is advisable to go to the podiatrist every six months or at least once a year. In this sense, the beginning of winter is a good time to go for a general, complete and personalized review.
The five things we should not do:
– Just as it is important to know how to choose good footwear, in the winter season it is important to avoid wearing footwear that does not have a non-slip sole and that are not waterproof. In the case of high-heeled shoes, it is also necessary to ensure that they do not exceed 7 centimeters and the heel is as wide as possible.
– Even if we get home with cold feet, we must avoid bringing them close to direct heat sources. Sudden changes in temperature are always inadvisable, as the appearance of chilblains and other skin abnormalities is enhanced.
– Spending a long time with immobilized feet can also affect our feet in a negative way.
– In the same way that some foods are positive for the general health and of our feet in particular, other products such as alcohol or tobacco can affect us negatively. In addition, excess consumption of caffeine, which can compress our blood vessels, or shellfish, which increases our uric acid, is not convenient.
– Lastly, although it is always important to avoid bad sports practices, now, we must pay even more special attention to how to perform the exercises. Since the arrival of the cold can increase the ease of injury or suffer certain biomechanical alterations
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.