More from Author Ben Oakley here: https://globelivemedia.com/author/ben-oakley/
The rebound in hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19, keeps Mexico City on a red light; however, the government that runs Claudia Sheinbaum announced the reopening of some activities but under strict security measures.
Eduardo Clark Garcia, Director General of Digital Government of the Digital Agency for Public Innovation (ADIP), revealed that these are some activities that have been approved by scientists because the possibility of contagion is lower.
In that sense, he stressed that the activities that may operate with some changes are: outdoor restaurant services, essential shops in the Historic center in mode to collect and care at the window, as well as sports classes or gyms in open spaces.
Therefore, as of next Monday, January 18, the modifications that must be considered are:
* The establishments may consume on terraces and tables outside until 6:00 p.m. after that time the service will be take away, a decision that was made in coordination with the restaurant sector.
* Tables should be placed in zigzag and at a distance of 1.5 meters between them.
* There cannot be more than four people at each table.
* The mandatory use of the QR codeSince in the event that a person tests positive, they can notify the rest of the people who were with them and the establishment staff.
The areas that may be occupied to carry out these activities are: terraces or own open spaces, own parking lots, sidewalks, parking strips, lane over vehicular stream.
All restaurants must carry out an operational register. The first step is to enter with a key to the following address covid19cdmx.gob.mx/medidassanitarias.
Then you will have to fill in the information requested about your restaurant, print the commitment letter and display it in a visible place in the restaurant.
SMALL SHOPS IN THE HISTORICAL CENTER
* At the moment they may only operate in the mode of picking up merchandise with appointments, telephone or internet sales scheme.
* Reduce the waiting time for people to pick up merchandise.
* When arriving at the place they must wear a mask.
* Outdoor sales without allowing entry.
* Maintain a healthy distance of 1.5 meters outside the place.
Sports classes can be taught outdoors and the use of open spaces such as parks and gardens will be reactivated.
The CDMX will remain on a red epidemiological traffic light for the following week, this was announced this afternoon by the head of government, Claudia Sheinbaum.
“We are at a red traffic light in CDMX. Hospitalizations continue to grow but we are also sensitive to what is happening and that is why we call to reactivate without risking ”, affirmed the capital’s president.
According to the graphs that he presented during the press conference this afternoon, there are about 7,112 people hospitalized in the Valley of Mexico at the moment.
In the last week, around 4,464 people were admitted to the main clinics in the capital, that is, a figure taken from last Friday until this Thursday, January 14.
In Mexico City, there are 37,502 infected people and more than 24,000 deaths to date.
MORE ABOUT THE SUBJECT
CDMX will continue on a red light due to increased hospitalizations: Claudia Sheinbaum
Red traffic light: what it means and what are the essential activities that will remain open in CDMX
The Government reported that Mexico is number 12 in vaccination in the world with more than 300,000 doses applied
Ben Oakley is the guy you can really trust when it comes to Mainstream News. Whether it is something happening at the Wall Street of New York City or inside the White House in Washington, D.C., no one can cover mainstream news like Ben. Get a daily dose of Trustworthy News by Ben Oakley, only at Globe Live Media.